Google contacts Not equal to Phone's contacts

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I've always read that google will backup your contacts automaticly if ever you have an issue with your phone, you will have a backup on google. I checked my google contacts online and some of the contacts I have on my phone are not showing up on my google contacts. Is there something I can do to get the ones not shown there on google from my phone? I know they are all backed up on MyVerizon, so not totally a big issue. Not sure why they are not on google contacts though.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I notice that it's only the contacts that I have emails for on google contacts, the ones I don't have email addresses for and just have their phone number, aren't showing up.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Nevermind, I googled it and found an app called UIA Backup Contacts to get my phone only contacts to google. I Backed up to SD Card, then sent the .csv file to my gmail account, saved the .csv file to my computer, then imported .csv file to my gmail account.
A lot of steps, but got the job done. Now all my phone's contacts are on google, not just the contacts with email addresses.

Reactions: mpaxeman

irish22022

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
shorter step (if you're on verizon): go to the website. look on the backup assistant. All of your numbers on that automatically, whether you've made the account or not. From there you can export .csv or whatever, and import to gmail. Less steps, quite simple actually. If you're not rooted, you probably have backup assistant on your phone, too, and that will work the same way (but online is easier IMO).

This is only for verizon, that i know of.

robocp4

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
shorter step (if you're on verizon): go to the website. look on the backup assistant. All of your numbers on that automatically, whether you've made the account or not. From there you can export .csv or whatever, and import to gmail. Less steps, quite simple actually. If you're not rooted, you probably have backup assistant on your phone, too, and that will work the same way (but online is easier IMO).

Is there anyway to get rid of Backup Assistant? I hate it now that i have google. i have GB update

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

This will only work if you enabled backup assistant.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR