Wont play videos I recorded on my phone

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Okay so videos the I record on my phone will not play it has done this several time and usually after a battery and SD card pull it works but not this time. Any suggestions?

rooktdphi

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
^^

I just had an issue where my gallery/music files weren't being read on my SD Card, just backed up the files to my computer and format the SD. Copied everything back to the phone; good as new

Reactions: stanknleyahsmommy

astraelraen

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
See this thread

http://forum.androidcentral.com/mot...-back-error-file-cannot-displayed-played.html

I think it is an issue with the class of the SD card. Some DX come with class 2 cards. Mine has a class 2 card and occasionally won't let me view video I've taken with the DX. It says the file is corrupted.

This ONLY happens with HD video, which obviously requires a higher class card to have sufficient write speed for the HD video.

I had a call out to Motorola regarding this, but got busy at the end of the year and never followed through.

Danielle Vichich

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Okay so videos the I record on my phone will not play it has done this several time and usually after a battery and SD card pull it works but not this time. Any suggestions?

Just had this problem with my phone read everyone's answers and no one had a real solution. I figured it out.
Go under the my files folder on your phone the click on videos choose the video player option and should work just as we you first got your phone. Hope this helps everyone. I was really upset and confused when this problem happened to me. But figured it out within an hour and solved my problem. I think the reason it got messed up is bc my phoNE was confused since I started using allcast app.

Jesse Shirley

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
I had the same issue, if I recorded a video, It would not let me view it and would say "video cannot be played". So went into settings>application>default applications, then for the video player clear out video player, now go back to play video, it should then ask what player you would like to use, select the default one, or in my case the purple video icon, now it works. Hope this helps.

Ana Lucas

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
I had the same issue, if I recorded a video, It would not let me view it and would say "video cannot be played". So went into settings>application>default applications, then for the video player clear out video player, now go back to play video, it should then ask what player you would like to use, select the default one, or in my case the purple video icon, now it works. Hope this helps.

I don't have the option for video player in my default applications. Any other suggestions please? This has happened once, I had to delete the files that weren't working. Backed up SD card. And factory reset my phone. This time around, only the video that I recorded last night is not showing. All previous videos still play regularly. Please help! This video was for work.

Chinesman0

Apr 22, 2018
Visit site
Pls I have a Samsung galaxy j5 2015 and I recently installed a ported rom of j5 2016 in it. And it running smoothly except the camera. Whenever I wanted to record video it will pup- up "warning camera failed" and the camera app will spontaneously close. Even my WhatsApp and Facebook and other social media can't record videos. Even third party camera apps also can't record videos. Pls I need an urgent help from android central. Thanks....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX