Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Wont play videos I recorded on my phone

Okay so videos the I record on my phone will not play it has done this several time and usually after a battery and SD card pull it works but not this time. Any suggestions?

Could be the card. Backup the card and reformat it or try a new card.
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom
    Thanked by:

I just had an issue where my gallery/music files weren't being read on my SD Card, just backed up the files to my computer and format the SD. Copied everything back to the phone; good as new
    Droid > Droid X > Droid Incredible 2 > Droid > Galaxy Nexus
    Thanked by:

See this thread

I think it is an issue with the class of the SD card. Some DX come with class 2 cards. Mine has a class 2 card and occasionally won't let me view video I've taken with the DX. It says the file is corrupted.

This ONLY happens with HD video, which obviously requires a higher class card to have sufficient write speed for the HD video.

I had a call out to Motorola regarding this, but got busy at the end of the year and never followed through.

Default Re: Wont play videos I recorded on my phone

I changed my video from HD 720P to VGA and the video played back fine. Will try the HD again when I get a better SD card.