Talk to Text not Auto-Capitalizing.

sethch

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My Droid x will not auto capitalize in talk to text input mode. It does it just fine in swype mode but not in talk to text. I tried turning off the auto capitulation and turning it back on again just to see if it we would reset the setting but still isn't working. Assuming that Auto-Capitalizing does work with Talk to text input mode, which I read somewhere(probably the internet for whatever that is worth:), it should. Any suggestions?

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
TTT will only work from sentence to sentence. Meaning I think you have to stop talking after s sentence press space twice then hit talk to text again. Mine auto capitalizes that way.

Swype is better with it and beginning new sentences.

sethch

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Tried that, still not working. Well if yours is Auto-Capitalizing while using TtT at least I know there's hope for getting it to work. Mine must just have a glitch. I really love using TtT for quick texts, going back and having to capitalize isn't that big a deal. It would just be nice if I could speak the text and hit send. I was thinking about uninstalling it and reinstalling it but I don't know where to get the stock version of TtT that the DX comes with.

hezzdown

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Tried that, still not working. Well if yours is Auto-Capitalizing while using TtT at least I know there's hope for getting it to work. Mine must just have a glitch. I really love using TtT for quick texts, going back and having to capitalize isn't that big a deal. It would just be nice if I could speak the text and hit send. I was thinking about uninstalling it and reinstalling it but I don't know where to get the stock version of TtT that the DX comes with.

Talk to Text is installed with Google Voice Search. Capitalization works with mine. But only the first letter in a sentence so for example I say United States, it will convert the speech to United states in text. As google states it is still an experimental feature.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Mine works fine if I use the Google talk to text (long pressing the search button), but it never works if I'm in any keyboard and then hit the microphone button to talk instead of type.