Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid X Unsuccessful installs from the Market

Any tips resolving unsuccessful installs and updates to certain games from the market? Angry birds, rocket bunnies, Replica Island to name a few.
    Superstar Status

ROM
    AOKP M5 / Franco

Two things.

Firstly, make sure you have enough space on your internal storage. If there isnt enough space your installs will fail.

1. Go to the Home screen.

2. Select the Menu key.

3. Select Settings.

4. Select SD card & phone storage.

5. Check under internal storage.

Secondly, if you do have enough space you can try going to "Manage Applications" find Market. Then clear data and clear cache. Go back to the Market app and try again.
    Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting useful replies it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.Anything is possible when you think before you comment or post. Im on a computer.

I had the same problem after I updated. I just had to clear the datafor the market. Worked perfect after that.

I am having the same issue. I had several apps that wouldn't install and I switched them from SD to phone memory and they installed, but Rocket Bunnies, crazy snowboard, and a couple others, still will not install even after I switched it to phone memory. I get an error "-18". Help.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I removed my SD card and successfully installed all the Aps with the card removed.
    Superstar Status

ROM
    AOKP M5 / Franco

I am having the same issue. I had several apps that wouldn't install and I switched them from SD to phone memory and they installed, but Rocket Bunnies, crazy snowboard, and a couple others, still will not install even after I switched it to phone memory. I get an error "-18". Help.
    Try my suggestions above. ^^^^
    Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting useful replies it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.Anything is possible when you think before you comment or post. Im on a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by DroidDev View Post
    Try my suggestions above. ^^^^
    Tried that. Plenty of mem. and cleared the cache to no avail. I will unmount and remove sd card and see if that works.

Fyi in case anyone else runs across this issue. I moved both apps from sd to phone memory then uninstalled them. Then I tried to dl from the market and the install failed again. So I had to remove my sd card then downloaded them successfully from the market. Put my sd card back in and all is good. Not sure what caused this but I'm guessing my sd card had some corrupt files or something.

I have tried un-mounting and re-mounting the SD card. I've cleared data and cleared cache.

I'm still having troubles with the following updating:

Google Voice
    Angry Birds Seasons
    Angry Birds
    Stupid Zombies

I'm running Liberty V 1.5, and I'm on my home Wi-fi. Other apps are updating just fine.

I'm going to try a few things and I'll post back. I've brought this thread back up, because it was the thread with the most replies on the topic.

It's an issue with Liberty. Go to Liberty Toolbox and remove the apps that are not updating, then they will download fine from the market.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I've powered down, un-installed SD. Powered back up with out SD. Wipe data and cache on the Market app and still no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarnova View Post
    It's an issue with Liberty. Go to Liberty Toolbox and remove the apps that are not updating, then they will download fine from the market.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    I want to try a few more things before that route. Do you have a link to a thread or post with more info on this?
    Last edited by .46caliber; 03-21-2011 at 09:09 PM.

Google Voice installed, but other apps still not installing after deleting via Liberty Toolbox. I also tried restoring the now deleted games via Titanium, and that failed.

Found the fix. Deleted apps via Liberty Tool box. Reset Liberty Toolbox to only install apps to the phone. By default Liberty is set to "auto" where the system decides.

Once I did this, I unmounted SD and got Stupid Zombies to install. I'm trying the Birds games now.

Edit:

Birds games installed fine. I restored the data from my Titanium Backup. This caused Angry Birds to not open.
    Last edited by .46caliber; 03-21-2011 at 09:29 PM.

The solution for error 18 usually can be fixed by deleting the information in the .android_secure folder that is in the sd card and then reboot, this is usually unneeded data left from old apps that seem to cause the issue reported.
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...

Global Posts
    315 Global Posts

What about on a new app? I am having trouble installing the Angry Birds Rio from Amazon.
    Dumb phone -> BB8830WE -> BB Curve 8330 -> Incredible -> DROID X ----->Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by wildman View Post
    The solution for error 18 usually can be fixed by deleting the information in the .android_secure folder that is in the sd card and then reboot, this is usually unneeded data left from old apps that seem to cause the issue reported.
    I believe I'm going to have to completely delete that folder. There's nothing in it that I can see with Astro.

Quote Originally Posted by lsmunoz View Post
    What about on a new app? I am having trouble installing the Angry Birds Rio from Amazon.
    It's probably the same issue.

Global Posts
    315 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by .46caliber View Post
    It's probably the same issue.
    Still getting it after removing the folder and rebooting.
    Dumb phone -> BB8830WE -> BB Curve 8330 -> Incredible -> DROID X ----->Galaxy S3

I keep getting "DOWNLOAD UNSUCCESSFUL, PLEASE TRY AGAIN" when trying to download from the market after the GB update.. anyone know how to fix? I have done factory reset.. Clear data, clear cache.. Nothing works. Anyone else having this issue with GB?

Side note.. Its just the Android Market... I can download from Amazon app store just fine..

ROM
    Stock MR2 OTA ROOTed

Yes, go into your settings/ applications/ find market & clear data & force stop than reset

1.21 giggawatts of Thunder

Default Re: Droid X Unsuccessful installs from the Market

Quote Originally Posted by DroidDev View Post
    Two things.

Firstly, make sure you have enough space on your internal storage. If there isnt enough space your installs will fail.

1. Go to the Home screen.

2. Select the Menu key.

3. Select Settings.

4. Select SD card & phone storage.

5. Check under internal storage.

Secondly, if you do have enough space you can try going to "Manage Applications" find Market. Then clear data and clear cache. Go back to the Market app and try again.
    Did not help. Same symbol/error message. A yellow triangle with and exclamation point inside. I am very unsophisticated so don't want to remove SD card.

Default Re: Droid X Unsuccessful installs from the Market

I get a "Package file was not signed correctly" error.