All of a sudden, I am not getting an audible notification when I receive an email or text. All my other sounds work just fine (ie incoming call ring tone). I literally changed nothing, this problem just happened out of the blue. I have tried everything. Any ideas?
    01-27-2011 04:06 PM
    Go into Text and Email notifications and check the individual settings. Let us know if those are correct and we can go from there.
    miamifin33 likes this.
    01-27-2011 04:10 PM
    Go into Text and Email notifications and check the individual settings. Let us know if those are correct and we can go from there.
    Yeah, they're correct.
    01-27-2011 04:41 PM
    And you've rebooted?
    miamifin33 likes this.
    01-27-2011 05:11 PM
    And you've rebooted?
    That did the trick. Cant believe I didn't think to do that first. I just didn't think a problem like this would be solved with a reboot.

Now if only my Microsoft Exchange would work on my phone...
    01-27-2011 05:45 PM
    It is OK, often it is something simple like like that. I had to leave for a bit, glad it worked out. I ran a ROM once that had that issue, and I re-flashed it trying to fix it. Nowadays, I always try a reboot first on "issues" and usually that works.
    revwill likes this.
    01-27-2011 05:49 PM
    yeah, this happens when the SD card becomes unreadable, like it loses its mount and cant see the custom ringtones. Im guessing you were using customs?
    01-28-2011 08:51 AM
    yeah, this happens when the SD card becomes unreadable, like it loses its mount and cant see the custom ringtones. Im guessing you were using customs?
    I was using a custom, but I experimented with system ringtones too and that also did not work.
    01-28-2011 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD