Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Text and Email Sound Notifications Suddenly Don't Work

All of a sudden, I am not getting an audible notification when I receive an email or text. All my other sounds work just fine (ie incoming call ring tone). I literally changed nothing, this problem just happened out of the blue. I have tried everything. Any ideas?
    Storm 1 ----> Droid X
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,725 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Go into Text and Email notifications and check the individual settings. Let us know if those are correct and we can go from there.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    Go into Text and Email notifications and check the individual settings. Let us know if those are correct and we can go from there.
    Yeah, they're correct.
    Storm 1 ----> Droid X

And you've rebooted?
    a little obsessive...
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by xliderider View Post
    And you've rebooted?
    That did the trick. Cant believe I didn't think to do that first. I just didn't think a problem like this would be solved with a reboot.

Now if only my Microsoft Exchange would work on my phone...
    Storm 1 ----> Droid X
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,725 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

It is OK, often it is something simple like like that. I had to leave for a bit, glad it worked out. I ran a ROM once that had that issue, and I re-flashed it trying to fix it. Nowadays, I always try a reboot first on "issues" and usually that works.
    Thanked by:

yeah, this happens when the SD card becomes unreadable, like it loses its mount and cant see the custom ringtones. Im guessing you were using customs?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by gbororats View Post
    yeah, this happens when the SD card becomes unreadable, like it loses its mount and cant see the custom ringtones. Im guessing you were using customs?
    I was using a custom, but I experimented with system ringtones too and that also did not work.
    Storm 1 ----> Droid X