No 3G or Wifi After Inactivity? (Wifi Issue)

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
This started happening last week. If I keep Wifi on and leave the phone alone for a bit, I'll notice that both signals will be off. Wifi and 3G. I unlock the device and see that the Wifi button has been disable on its own.

Everything will connect again after a few seconds and then I get flooded with missed emails, texts, etc. I already have the Wifi Sleep to NEVER. Not sure what's going on here.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any way to fix it?

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't have your issue, but what's this Wi-Fi sleep to never. Sometimes my wifi disconnects when I wake my phone up. The wifi setting is on but it's sitting there scanning.

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't have your issue, but what's this Wi-Fi sleep to never. Sometimes my wifi disconnects when I wake my phone up. The wifi setting is on but it's sitting there scanning.

Go to Settings>Wireless & Networks>Wifi Settings.

Press Menu button and select Advanced.
Change Wifi Sleep Police to Never. This *should* stop Wifi from disconnecting, unless there is another issue such as the one I'm having.

Reactions: kevin77

CanOfBees

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
hi PhoenixMike -
what are your settings in Settings>Battery Manager>Battery Mode?

i'm using a custom setting where my off-peak hours start around 11 p.m. - sometimes when i'm using the phone late (i.e., past 11) i'll notice that data connectivity turns itself off after ~15 minutes of activity (sometimes it seems like less, but i haven't paid close attention to this). there is a setting to control that interval in the custom setting option.

i want to say that i've seen the behavior you describe at other times (e.g., when i move between buildings at work), but i'm not 100% sure.

hth a little.
cheers!

Reactions: PhoenixMike

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
hi PhoenixMike -
what are your settings in Settings>Battery Manager>Battery Mode?

i'm using a custom setting where my off-peak hours start around 11 p.m. - sometimes when i'm using the phone late (i.e., past 11) i'll notice that data connectivity turns itself off after ~15 minutes of activity (sometimes it seems like less, but i haven't paid close attention to this). there is a setting to control that interval in the custom setting option.

i want to say that i've seen the behavior you describe at other times (e.g., when i move between buildings at work), but i'm not 100% sure.

hth a little.
cheers!

This seems like it could be the problem. Thanks for pointing it out. Will play around with it and see what happens.

gbororats

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
This seems like it could be the problem. Thanks for pointing it out. Will play around with it and see what happens.

ive been having the same issue since the 2.2 update, nobody believes me though. My battery mode is set to performance, wifi set to never sleep, done factory resets, wipe cache all that stuff. My phone will sit idle and then all of a sudden i touch it, and emails from hours ago and texts come in out of nowhere. Not sure how to fix it, wish i could tell you

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
ive been having the same issue since the 2.2 update, nobody believes me though. My battery mode is set to performance, wifi set to never sleep, done factory resets, wipe cache all that stuff. My phone will sit idle and then all of a sudden i touch it, and emails from hours ago and texts come in out of nowhere. Not sure how to fix it, wish i could tell you

The only way to successfully avoid this (so far) is to turn off Wifi. A bit ridiculous, actually.

ShIzNiTs

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The only way to successfully avoid this (so far) is to turn off Wifi. A bit ridiculous, actually.

Does ANYONE have a way to fix this? Its so incredibly frustrating. Please PM me if you have this issue and have fixed it or have ideas on troubleshooting. So far I have tried a few things, and nothing seems to be a permanent solution.

EDIT: Took it to the Sprint store trying to get a replacement and the person said that if what he tried didn't work I would have to contact Samsung for a replacement since I do not have insurance on my plan... Which is what I figured was going to happen. Anyway, what he did was update the PRL. (Home screen --> Capacitive Menu Button --> Settinsg --> About Phone (All the way at the bottom) --> System Update --> Update PRL.

This seems to have done it as ridiculous as it sounds, either that or it just magically started working, which I am okay with as long as it doesn't go haywire again...

Last edited: