Issue with mailing address in contacts

brattosa

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Being a newbie Droid user, I'm hoping this minor little annoyance is just something I'm doing wrong.

I create a new contact on my Droid X and add a mailing address for that person. Each element of the address (street, city, state and zip) are in their respected fields. The record syncs up to Gmail and all of the data is added to the same address field in the web contact. Not a big deal and everything displays nice.

If I create a new contact in Gmail and enter the mailing address in the same field, identical to the above scenario, Gmail syncs the record to my Droid X and it displays fine. The annoyance factor comes when I edit that contact and the entire address is concatenated into the street field. Why? :confused:

Everything displays ok, it is just wonky when I edit the record. Granted, I don't do that on a regular basis, but it's just one of those things that make me wonder.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
This always happens when I used Goole Sync on my BlackBerry. Not sure why. The real annoyance was when I went to use VZ Navigator to go to that contact. The address was unable to be found because the address was all in the street field.

Would love to hear fixes for this too!

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't think that there is a fix. But it doesn't seem to be a problem like it was with the BlackBerry. If you are using GPS, it is able to detect the address just fine. I think they would have to fix it on the server side of things. Gmail needs to incorporate those extra fields in the address area.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams