Droid X or Thunderbolt for first Android?

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Which is better? I like the look of the Droid X and it's the only Android phone I've ever played with.

I was also considering waiting for the Bionic. Are any Droid X folks getting the Tbolt?

Or will you stay Motorola? Thanks for any suggestions or opinions!

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
If you are looking to avoid the 2 year contract the X will be a good buy in the used market. Perhaps better deals will show up when the VZW iPhone is released.
If you are committing to a new 2 year contract then get the most technology you can for your $200
The X is an awesome phone, I have 2 new, and 1 used on my account. But smart phones age incredibly fast. I am alread staring to want some of the new features.
If it were me and commiting to two years I would wait for the Bionic.
I did the exact same thing for the X last year.

Reactions: Chrisy

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
2 Years

I put a bid on a Droid X on eBay but it'd too low.

I am now planning on using my last NE2 for my first Android (DX, BIO or TB).

Thanks for the opinions so far!

baberz#AC

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I would wait and see what the Bionic and the Thunderbolt are really going to offer. Sure there are a lot of rumored specs and what not, but me personally I can't talk about jumping/think about making a jump to a phone until I get to hold it in my hands and figure out what is best for me.

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I would wait and see what the Bionic and the Thunderbolt are really going to offer. Sure there are a lot of rumored specs and what not, but me personally I can't talk about jumping/think about making a jump to a phone until I get to hold it in my hands and figure out what is best for me.

+1 to this. You are asking about 2 phones that are not even out yet, so we can only guess on what the new phones will bring.

Personally, I want to look at the Bionic, but there is nothing wrong with waiting a couple of months and getting all in your hands at a store.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
If you want the Droid X, then get the Droid X. It is still a great phone and should be relevant for a long time. Unless you are a gamer, the new devices don't offer muchange more in my opinion.

PortareAF

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
The choice here is clear if your getting a new two year contract. I love my X had it since launch, had the OG also loved it. The Thunderbolt will be the first LTE phone, but isnt going to be running duel core so you're gonna wanna pass there as duel core is the way to go from here on in. The Bionic will have duel core, LTE, same screen size as the X so it looks to be the choice..however it still only has 512 Ram the same as the X not sure why they wouldn't push it to the same amount as the Atrix... There will be a Droid X2 also coming in mid summer, depends how long you want to wait... If you are locking in for two years you want to get the best specs you can, because 2 years from now they will be outdated.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I think I'll have LTE, yes. One of the deciding factors for me is release date. The Droid X is available now.

The TB in 2 weeks. I'm leaning towards the TB because I like sense look, it's out soon and it's a little newer than DX.

neslot

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I went with the DX. Seems to be the best for me and i didn't want to wait any longer lol. But i agree with Protagonist, wait for the TB if you're going for the 2 year contract signing.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I'd did a lot of reading and thinking. I almost went DX. I think that's a great phone too!

Enjoy your new Droid!

neslot

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
The other thing I looked at is my upgrade date for contract renewal is in October. So if I'm not really happy, and i highly doubt i would be disappointed, with the DX I won't have to live with it for 2 years, just 7 months or so ;)

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I went with the DX just because I was sick of my BB failing on me all the time. I was kinda sketchy about getting it but I've had it for about a month and I do not think back or regret getting it. Next year, I'll upgrade to a dual-core LTE device and do the one year upgrade instead of a 2 year.

But you cannot go wrong with either phone. If you want LTE then wait for the TB but if all you want is to get rid of the current phone for an Android, then DX.

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I went with the DX just because I was sick of my BB failing on me all the time. I was kinda sketchy about getting it but I've had it for about a month and I do not think back or regret getting it. Next year, I'll upgrade to a dual-core LTE device and do the one year upgrade instead of a 2 year.

But you cannot go wrong with either phone. If you want LTE then wait for the TB but if all you want is to get rid of the current phone for an Android, then DX.

I share your sentiments exactly.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
If you are looking to avoid the 2 year contract the X will be a good buy in the used market. Perhaps better deals will show up when the VZW iPhone is released.
If you are committing to a new 2 year contract then get the most technology you can for your $200
The X is an awesome phone, I have 2 new, and 1 used on my account. But smart phones age incredibly fast. I am alread staring to want some of the new features.
If it were me and commiting to two years I would wait for the Bionic.
I did the exact same thing for the X last year.

+1..... I'm most likely going to wait for the Bionic but the TBolt is also a great phone. The DX is still a solid device and will hold up strong for a while but if you go into a two year contract I would go with the TBolt.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the advice guys! Yes, I'll be signing the two year and using my last NE2.

I'd wait for the Bionic but I like the look of the TB and the release date and think it will be fine for a first Android.

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the advice guys! Yes, I'll be signing the two year and using my last NE2.

I'd wait for the Bionic but I like the look of the TB and the release date and think it will be fine for a first Android.
I wouldn't use my NE2 on the Droid X. Not now, anyway. I'd just wait a couple of more weeks and get a Thunderbolt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton