Auto-sync wont stop auto syncing

john_5_24

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Rooted DX. No custom ROM.

So I was having issues with the phone rebooting about once an hour. So yesterday, I did a full backup with Titanium, then did a factory reset, then did a restore. Good news is the reboots have stopped. But the auto sync icon has been active for about twenty hours now. Battery life has ben normal, so I don't think it is actually doing anything, but I can't figure out how to get rid of it. I've rebooted, turned off auto sync... It still stays up there. Any thoughts on what's going on?

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
go into your accounts in settings, and go to your google acct that you set up. then you can see what the phone is having issues syncing. it will show you if its the calendar, contacts, or mail. maybe something is getting hung up for some reason.

carlos31820

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me after doing a factory reset and a Titanium restore. Apparently Titanium backup restored some old 2.1 core apps and I was stuck with the sync icon. My fix was to do an additional factory reset and NOT use Titanium to restore my apps. All the apps were restored by Google but I lost my app settings on apps that dont back up settings to sd card.

Sent from my DROIDX

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Try using My Backup Pro. You can choose to back up data or Applications & Media ... or both. But doing a Factory Data Reset and downloading your apps freshly seems to be the best route. Otherwise, you are reinstalling everything, including some of the problems you might have had.

It doesn't take all that long. Market can download multiple apps at a time and the X can install in a quick series. Also, it gives you a chance to re-evaluate the apps you keep on your X. Some of them may be problematical, not playing nice-nice with other apps. Or, some may be unnecessary and only take up space.

Also, check for the type of widgets you are using and how often they update. Some are real power consumers, like the news-related widgets.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Oh, yes ... BTW - Make sure you don't have your apps set to auto-update. This causes all sorts of problems, including force closes of an app you are using, dropped calls, and a bricked X. Each app has to be individually UN-checked to eliminate the auto-update feature. You will still get update notifications, but you can do them at your convenience.

heyandy889

May 23, 2011
nateshiff.wordpress.com
Awesome. Thank you so much. This is exactly what I was looking for. I also couldn't stop the "auto-syncing." Here's what I'm about to try

factory reset
skip entering Google account name and password
boot into home screen
turn on airplane mode. I want to disable wireless communication so I prevent this runaway syncing
Walk through the market and see if I can disable any of these autosyncing guys

Sigh. And here I was, thinking autosync was so helpful. Ha ha ha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol