Is anyone else disappointed with New X2 specs?

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping the New X2 was going to have more of a "Bang" as far as specs. It seems as though they just re skinned with a few minor upgrades. Not much of an improvement in my opinion. I know these are prelim specs, but most likely are pretty close to what the X2 will come with.

gbororats

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
seems kinda lame, dual core processor nice, lack of a camera button is weird, no front facing camera, and no LTE... seems like they are just making the x shinier, but not that much better.... why would anyone go with a non LTE phone?

Mkiller82

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I would go for a NON-LTE phone for the time being. Haven't heard anything aboiut LTE hitting the Reno, NV area anytime this year.

As for the X2, its nice. I like the form of the X. Nice how the USB and HDMI ports look to be in the identical places. Good for keeping all of my docks.

I would rather have a hardware camera button. I use it all the time. That's my biggest gripe on my work phone(EVO).

Oh locked bootloader? NO SALE!

-I Tapatalk on my Droid X

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure there are a lot of people who don't care about LTE right now. I'm one of them. It hasn't been announced in my area and I don't want to pay extra for an LTE device. I don't think it's a bad upgrade. Dual core + 1 GB ram seems pretty nice. Not to mention the higher res screen. No front facing camera may bother some people, but I don't think I would ever use it. Overall it seems pretty cool to me. Not cool enough for me to upgrade from my current X, but still cool.

Reactions: droidnewbie2011

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I think that most all "2" versions of phones are a disappointment (i.e. Storm 2, Droid 2). They always seem to be mostly the same with a few spiffy new items and little to no fan fare/support from the carrier after the initial couple of weeks when it's first offered. I think you'll get a more tech savvy device from something newly designed, like the Bionic or whatever comes after that. One other plus to staying away from "2" offerings is that you don't have read 10,000 post of everyone saying "This is what the original should have been."

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
LTE is a nonissue for me right now. It is too new and I don't want to be a beta tester. LTE as it is now is only for data. My 3g data is fast enough for what I need right now. I would rather wait another year or two for LTE to mature some more and VoLTE is a reality and reliable. By then LTE radios will likely consume less power having longer battery life.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Where did you find the specs on the X2? Has it been released yet or is there a projected availability date? I would imagine that might coincide with the end-of-life for the X(1)??

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't care about the X2's specs. You know why? Because I'm still under contract. It's a good phone for people whose contracts are ending this spring, but for me? I don't care because I'm not eligible for upgrade for another year and I'm not one of those phone whores who constantly jumps from one model to the next every other month.

Finsol

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Id have to say overall its a disappointment, no LTE, no front facing camera, no physical camera button 'wtf?..' its just a DX with a bit more punch.

I'm afraid to say moto may have purposely crippled the X2 so it doesn't outshine the Bionic.. I've seen it happen before.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
No physical camera button is deal breaker for me. I use that button all the time. This phone is not a disappointment just because I came from a bb9550. That was a disappointment. It was a bb9530 but more ram and different surepress screen but still crappy OS. DX2 is not worth upgrading from a DX.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't care about the X2's specs. You know why? Because I'm still under contract. It's a good phone for people whose contracts are ending this spring, but for me? I don't care because I'm not eligible for upgrade for another year and I'm not one of those phone whores who constantly jumps from one model to the next every other month.

+1!

I have a family so I have better things to spend money on than a new phone at full price every 6 months because it is slightly better than what I currently have. I will happily keep my DX until I am eligible for upgrade and what is available then will blow the X2, Bionic, and Thunderbolt out of the water.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
With no physical camera button, and a locked bootloader, it will make it impossible to root. No root, no overclock, no tether.... no dice.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen the stats of the X2, but if I didn't get my X back in December, I probably would have waited for the Bionic. With the front facing camera and it looks a lot like the X, with a little more power behind it. I agree with what everyone has stated so far, if no cam button and not much more added to it on the X2, I'm happy with the X the way it is now. It just disappoints me that these manufacturers hold back on making such an all around great phone. Every phone I've ever researched has some deficiency or another. I'm happy with the X though, no regrets there.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen the stats of the X2, but if I didn't get my X back in December, I probably would have waited for the Bionic. With the front facing camera and it looks a lot like the X, with a little more power behind it. I agree with what everyone has stated so far, if no cam button and not much more added to it on the X2, I'm happy with the X the way it is now. It just disappoints me that these manufacturers hold back on making such an all around great phone. Every phone I've ever researched has some deficiency or another. I'm happy with the X though, no regrets there.

I agree. I think the manufacturers are definitely capable of producing better phones but they choose not to to make room for upgraded models. I like the looks of the Bionic, but can someone explain why Motorola would give it only 512 mb of ram when the Atrix is just about the same phone and it has 1 gb of ram? Doesn't make sense.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
With no physical camera button, and a locked bootloader, it will make it impossible to root. No root, no overclock, no tether.... no dice.

I didn't realize the physical camera button was so critical to rooting! :D

The current Droid X has a locked bootloader, it's been rooted and ROMed - the only thing you can't do is install a custom kernel (but with kernel modules that doesn't buy you much).

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't see too many people with X's "upgrading" to this phone...at least I don't see why they would. It'll be a nice upgrade from a 2 year old phone or so, but not from an X.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
if ur coming from a D1 or such, this will bea nice upgrade. if coming from a DX, i dont see any reason to buy a DX2. we all want change. and this hasnt changed enough to make me want to leave my DX anytime soon. nor has any other phone out or coming out int he next few months. i dont see myself upgrading to something else til at least the fall, and who knows if even then.

deercreek

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually glad this doesn't have LTE. My X still feels new, I don't want to feel the need to upgrade. Before the specs came out, I wanted an X2, but not for another 2 years or so.