1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default New (old) Droid X to hit verizon w/ Memory change information

DROID X memory change

Updated: 2/11/2011 12:56:39 PM(ET)

Motorola is transitioning the DROID X internal microSD memory from 16GB to 2GB.

What is the impact to customers?

* Customers purchasing a new DROID X starting around late January will purchase devices with 2GB microSD pre-installed.
    o This change is expected to take place upon sell-thru of the existing Droid X with the 16GB microSD card
    o The new SKU for the device with the 2GB microSD card is MOTMB810A

Customer Scripting Scenario:

Customer: Why does the Droid X only come with a 2GB microSD card pre-installed?

VZW: Although the Droid X comes with a 2GB microSD card pre-installed, you still will have access to an additional 8GB of onboard memory for emails, texts, and apps and more. In addition, the Droid X still supports up to 32GB, so if you feel you¿ll need more memory, you can always purchase additional microSD cards to store more content.

As of right now, VZW site does not have the DX but does have a certified DX with a 16gb card.

And if you go to the VZW droid site, it shows the DX and comes with 16gb for now.

Kinda sucks that it doesn't come with a 16gb.
    Droid RAZR MAXX/Xoom/4510 LTE MiFi

Global Posts
    407 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP, Stock

DX price has been dropped to $149. This isn't surprising with the DX2 coming Q2.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

I just bought a new (not refurb) X last week from my local VZW store and it came with a 16gb card. I guess I got lucky and they still had the old ones in stock.

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread 2.3.3 rooted

wow that is lame! maybe the 2gb card is more reliable my original 16gb died and they had to send me out a new one.