Droidx problem *HELP*

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Well lets see where to start...my phone just restarted out of no where the other day. my news and current events tab changed to the M "Motorola Logo" inside the tab and says "touch here" all my contacts that were linked to Fb are gone. So i go to system update thinking maybe i need to update and it tells me " "system update" is not available without a Motorola service account. Would you like to setup a account now?" but when I click Setup it doesn't give me a service account to sign up for.

I haven't rooted my device, all I've really done is used launcher pro.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'd do an actual battery pull (while the device is turned on) if you haven't already. Then, I'd delete Launcher Pro. It's running fine on my phone, but a lot of people in the past couple of weeks have started experiencing fc's and reboots that went away after removing LP. Likely related to an app (that not everyone has) conflict that has had a recent update and for some reason is screwing up LP. Try ADW instead. Those that use it, love it.

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
In addition/combination to greydarrah's comments, if you have paid for LP+, then you might try reinstalling LP after deleting it and rebooting after removal. I was having some issues and being cheap I wanted to keep using what I paid for. Doing the battery pull while my X was on, then restarting and removing LP, followed by a reboot and reinstall of LP seems to have worked as I am no longer having issues.

If all else fails, there are a number of launcher replacements out there to try, just bear in mind the free ones are not always the most stable.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
In addition/combination to greydarrah's comments, if you have paid for LP+, then you might try reinstalling LP after deleting it and rebooting after removal. I was having some issues and being cheap I wanted to keep using what I paid for. Doing the battery pull while my X was on, then restarting and removing LP, followed by a reboot and reinstall of LP seems to have worked as I am no longer having issues.

If all else fails, there are a number of launcher replacements out there to try, just bear in mind the free ones are not always the most stable.

Yeah, I read another post in the past day or 2 where the user did the same thing (uninstall/reinstall with reboots in between) and had success.

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I'd do an actual battery pull (while the device is turned on) if you haven't already. Then, I'd delete Launcher Pro. It's running fine on my phone, but a lot of people in the past couple of weeks have started experiencing fc's and reboots that went away after removing LP. Likely related to an app (that not everyone has) conflict that has had a recent update and for some reason is screwing up LP. Try ADW instead. Those that use it, love it.

Launcher Pro deleted with battery pull in between still no help..thinking factory reset in the near future after I decide if I want to write down all my apps to download again

blaidth

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
i believe if you use your same gmail account you will have a list of all your apps in the appstore, and should restore those apps for you. At least what i have heard. Haven't tried it myself.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
..yup market will remember you paid apps using the same gmail account. Appbrain will remember all your apps free or paid. :)

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Weirdness often results from auto-update "feature" from the Market. See below (beneath my sig). It's so common a problem that I got tired of writing it over and over....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay