Gaming on x

pnico

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi I've noticed many cool hd games for android
I'm m assuming hd means high def ?

doing a side to side comparson between the psp and the x capability they seem to be on par
What do you think

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi I've noticed many cool hd games for android
I'm m assuming hd means high def ?

doing a side to side comparson between the psp and the x capability they seem to be on par
What do you think

With a PSP? I don't think so. The Droid X is great for gaming though. I haven't had any issues with the games that I play.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
That depends, what does "high definition gaming" mean? In TVs it means 1080p, except when it means 720p. Or 480p in some cases. Ask the developer what HD means, in some cases it's high resolution devices like the X, in others it's just better for a larger format, and still others there is no "standard definition" version and HD is just there to attract people who like the idea of "HD" - whatever it means. There is no real standard.

What games do you want to play? Search for them on the marketplace and check them out for the PSP. Which one is a better match for you will vary wildly if you're looking for a first person shooter vs. a puzzle game. I think it's safe to say a PSP is probably a better all-around gaming platform than the X, but I think the X is probably a better smartphone than the PSP. You can compromise and look at the new Sony "PSP phone" and see if that tickles your fancy, but again it's all based on what games you want to play and what games are available for the platform.

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I’ve heard of a lot of complaints about the Droid X not being able to fully handle PSX games, as there are lags and complete freezes. Genesis, Super NES, and all the market stand alone games are about the most robust games I can play on this device. I haven’t even tried to play PSX roms because of the bad reviews.

As for “HD” games, I would guess the Developer is just trying to catch your attention. When you think about it, the Droid X is the same resolution of a Standard Definition TV.

It just doesn’t make any sense for a game to be in HD when that “size” of screen won’t be on a smart phone for years and years to come. The next generation phones haven’t even breached the threshold for 720p.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar