Latest System Version from Verizon

brother_esau

May 13, 2010
Visit site
what is the latest version (system version) for the droid x on verizon usa? any, where can I get the sbf to flash it? Thanks. Curerently. my droid x is on 2.3.320 but i think it should be .340???

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Yup, it should be 2.3.340

I have no idea where you can go for the download. I saw a link a month or so ago here in the forum but can't remember where.

Check the Update thread.

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
ah... yes, that might be the case. I haven't screwed around with rooting anything, so I don't know first hand. I have read here, that a rooted phone wont update, but I might be mistaken.

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you are missing much... I think this last update was about the market or something lame... besides I think 2.3 or whatever it might be is just around the corner, so you might want to wait a little longer.

Nonetheless, stick around here until someone more fluent with rooting can answer your questions.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Everything you need is in this great guide:

RoOoLeR's Guide ROOT / UNROOT / BACKUP / ROM / SBF / OVERCLOCK

You have a couple of options, the maderstock zip file flashed from CWM recovery, or the 2.3.340 full sbf (post #3 in link above). There are more options, but they involve more steps.

Edit: You will lose root with both the maderstock zip and sbf, but you can get root back easily with Z4 Root from xda (post #2) in linked guide).

Last edited:

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
You need to roll back to vzw official version before it will ota. Or you can download the full .340 sbf and rsdlite it. As per improvements. That would depend on issues you were having prior. For me it fixed my media player music issues.

Ps i didnt have to unroot but i did have to after the ota.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463