Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Androidoholic

Global Posts
    1,542 Global Posts

Default Music will not delete?

So let me start by saying I am about to throw my phone at the wall, then put on steal toe boots and smash the little b*tch to pieces.

So today I decide, well I'll delete all the music and put new stuff on it. So I plug it in like usual in mass storage mode and delete the music. You'd think it would be simple right? Well NOOOO it isn't! Let me first say that there is NO music on my SD card, but the music app insists there is! It's still showing all that music that I just deleted. Go to play a file that obviously isn't there and the music app crashes the phone... Ok reboot, pull battery, unmount mount sd card, etc and 3 hours later after swearing at the thing, wanted to smash it to little tiny motoroladie droid X POS the music player STILL says that the music is there.

Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: Well after just facepalming for a few hours I ended up formatting the card, and wouldn't ya know it? All is better in MrSpock's world. Being half human has it's advantages.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Past Phones: Various Pre-Paids, LG Envy 2, Black Berry 8330, Black Berry Storm 1 & Storm 2, Motorola Droid X, X2, Galaxy Nexus
    Current Phone: HTC One M8 w/ 64GB Micro SD > Fiio E6 AMP> Sony XBA4 EIMS
    Tablet: Motorola Xoom 32GB WiFi w/ 32GB Micro SD > Fiio E6 AMP> Sony XBA4 EIMS
    Watch: LG G Watch 4.4w2
    Past and Current Networks: Past: Sprint. Current: Verizon Wireless.

Go to Settings/Applications/Manage Applications.All Tab/Music and Clear Data, this will remove the items from player and software will scan for changes when open again.
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...

^this

Beamed up from DROIDX using Tapatalk

Default Re: Music will not delete?

Quote Originally Posted by wildman View Post
    Go to Settings/Applications/Manage Applications.All Tab/Music and Clear Data, this will remove the items from player and software will scan for changes when open again.
    I have this same problem and have tried this a number of times now and still the music is there. At present the SD card is completely removed, I have rebooted several times and cleared the data several times. I have a Motorola Xoom running Android 4.0.3. It will only let me delete one at a time, with around 500 items in the list this is just too painfullllllllll.
    Can someone please help.
    Chris