Newbie to Droid X

ladyflatfoot49

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
I need to know if there is a way to recover things that have been accidently put in the recycle bin? Where the bin is? and how to go about it?
Someone may have a better solution far the item I lost to the recycle bin but it definitely needs to be replaced and I have no idea how to go about it. I lost my Droid Robot for my Droid X phone....can someone please tell me how to go about retriving or replacing it?
Maybe this phone is going to prove to be too much far me, I've gone through 4 Blackberries and an IPhone but I find this Droid X to be quite intimidating far some reason. So any help will be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks

Skyblu41

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
welcome to the forums, and to android.

it sounds like you dragged a home screen shortcut or widget into the trash. it does not delete the app though. "droid robot" is a little vague of a description though, but to add an icon to your home screen, long press on the screen and a little pop-up will appear. from there you can select an app shortcut or a widget to place on your screen.

if you are a first time android user, i would highly recommend the tips and tricks guide that is linked in my signature. very helpful to learn the ins and outs of android.

Reactions: ladyflatfoot49

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I've found that one of the best ways to get to know this phone and how things are done on it, is to go to youtube and search for videos on Droid X. You'll find many. They do a fantastic job of showing you how to do an assortment of things, from basics to more involved. You can also see a large number of apps for android being demo'd.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Yep. Don't be intimidated by the X. You will discover it is one of the finest smartphones out there, even though there are newer ones available. There are lots of resources, and one of the best is this forum. It's well run, active and quite polite (believe it or not -- there is such a forum!)

The search feature is very good and you will be able to get quick answers to most all your questions. If not, you can post a question and discover the wealth of knowledge available from your co-X'ers. Welcome!

NBDroid

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty much technologically stupid, so when I got my first Droid I was extremely intimidated on how to use it. I came to this forum and learned all sorts of crazy ways to improve my Droid, and did other research to expand my knowledge. Now I'm onto my second phone, a Droid X, and i LOVE it!! Once you get a hang of it, its pretty amazing! Dont give up!! =)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000