1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,460 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Question Unable to permanently wipe my phone

Ok I have been doing the data wipe/reset on ym X and EVERYTIME I do it, as soon as I sign into my gmail account EVERYTHING comes back, all my apps, all my old settings, even an old wallpaper that i dont even have on my phone any longer.

I have gone in and made sure the backup data option is NOT checked.

How can I get rid of this junk for good? I want the phone to be just as if I was activating it as a new user.

Thanks!!

I believe your gmail account stores all of that information for backup purposes, so I would imagine that if you wanted to get rid of it you need to delete it from the gmail account first. That or activate it with a new gmail address?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

follow steps 8-15 in the first post of this thread to get your phone to stop restoring all of your apps after a factory reset. while you are making sure back up data is not checked, it seems like the restore data option is still checked.
    Thanked by:
    0pusX 

I believe there is an option to sign up for a gmail account later, do that and it will not sync with your gmail.
    Droid RAZR MAXX/Xoom/4510 LTE MiFi
    Thanked by:
    0pusX 
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    1,460 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Thanks for the help everyone!!! It worked but I think my problem is with the app itself. My Yahoo Mail will not make an audio notification. It only vibrates 2 quick times with no audio.

Yahoo mail app works fine on my wife's Incredible though............

Have you tried K-9 email?
    Droid RAZR MAXX/Xoom/4510 LTE MiFi
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    1,460 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

No I havent. I always used the Yahoo Mail app becuase it had push as opposed to checking every 15 min or so. Does K-9 offer push as well?

Quote Originally Posted by 0pusX View Post
    Thanks for the help everyone!!! It worked but I think my problem is with the app itself. My Yahoo Mail will not make an audio notification. It only vibrates 2 quick times with no audio.

Yahoo mail app works fine on my wife's Incredible though............
    You could also forward it to your gmail. If needed, you could still set up a different "from" address if you want/need people to think it came from your pre-existing yahoo email.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,628 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    You could also forward it to your gmail. If needed, you could still set up a different "from" address if you want/need people to think it came from your pre-existing yahoo email.
    I agree on this.... I have gmail "fetch" my Verizon email accounts. Also, I now keep my calendar and contacts all Gmail. All backed up and instantly synced. Lovin' it. Sure beats multiple email accounts & using Outlook for calendar and contacts. Works great. Instant sync from X or computer.
    Always learning ...