Battery Drain?

ndwatkins

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has been great since I bought my phone. I have a OEM 1880 battery in there, and honestly, I've had zero trouble. The past couple days though, I've been getting an unusually high percentage of "phone idle" battery drain. It is almost comparable to the display percentage drain. I check this pretty regularly, so I noticed this was different than usual. My battery seems to be dying quite a bit faster, too. It also seems to be confused about how long the phone has actually been off the charger - it's been off since 9:15 this morning, but it thinks it's only been off for an hour.

Any ideas?

ndwatkins

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
No new widgets or anything...I did a little homescreen rearranging but that's it! I did try the hard battery pull, and even tried leaving it out for about 15 minutes since I know some have suggested that, but no luck. I am opting to just let my phone die tonight and charge it from dead to see if that helps. Thanks for the suggestions!

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Have you checked your settings lately? In the past few weeks I have heard of a lot of people saying that certain settings have reverted to a different state as if there is a default.

I would suggest looking at what apps are running to see what is causing the drain, but as you said the phone is displaying incorrect power ratings already.

Steve Woodworth

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Mine was doing the same thing, its facebook. If you go into facebook and click on the chat icon (I did it by accident) your phone will communicate nonstop and eat your battery in just a few hours. For whatever reason it doesn’t close when you back out of the program. A reboot doesn't log you out either. Go back in to chat and click the hardware button that brings up options (the one with 4 little squares) and choose go offline. You should be fine after that.
HTH
Steve

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Facebook.....evil....must...destroy.... Yes I saw that happened to me and I dont even have Facebook so adios to that app real quick.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Ya. Facebook seems to be the source of innumerable problems throughout the forums. Seems like a pervasive and invasive breach of personal space, not to mention a pipeline to junk email and all sorts of misc bad things.

ndwatkins

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Evil Facebook! I do think that was the problem, we'll see...but when I turned it off today at school my battery started draining at a MUCH slower rate. I really only use TweetDeck anyway. Will have to check on the weekend, since my university is in the middle of like 300 hospitals and I tend to get crappy data signal down there, so my phone drains a bit extra.

Thanks again for the advice! =)

Steve Woodworth

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Yea, you can still use the facebook app, just stay out of the real time chat and you should be fine. And remember, if you get into it by mistake, make sure you click the hardware button that brings up options (the one with 4 little squares) and choose go offline.
Found that one out the hard way...

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Just get rid of it altogether and use the browser to go to your facebook page. If you go into the browser settings and change the agent to computer/desktop, it will always load the full version...just like on a pc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance