Volume really low?

ecksit

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Just got my X this morning to replace my broken Dinc. Love it so far! After using a screen this size theres no way I could ever go lower than 4.3"

Just noticed one thing, and I'm not sure if this is a problem with the phone, or I'm just not used to it yet. But the volume, ringer, media vol, and notifications all seem to be very low. The volumes for each are to the max, but its still somewhat quiet. The videos I saw made it seem like the X had a very loud speaker, and Motorola has always done a good job of putting a good speaker in their devices... so I'm just a little let down by this.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I saw post like this a lot in the early days of release. I've always felt like the volume was fine, but I've never considered any phone much of a boom box. Besides, I've always got headphones plugged in anyway. I'd suggest going in to a verizon store and playing with whatever X is out. If the volume is noticeably louder than yours, talk to a rep about an exchange. If it's the same as yours, you either have to accept that this is loudest the X will be, or, hang on to the X for a couple of weeks and exchange it for the Thunderbolt when it comes out (assuming it's released within 30 days of your X purchase). The only downside I can think of with that phone is HTC's reputation for half day battery life. Maybe they'll have fixed that with this latest device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member