What happened to GMail / Market???

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having this problem? There was a Gmail update (2.3.4) yesterday which I downloaded from the market. It downloaded, installed, and seems to work fine on my Droid X. It shows up in My Apps in the Market as Installed. HOWEVER, if I press it, it gives this error: "Not Found. The requested item could not be found". ???

I just saw my phone updated the Market app this morning to 2.3.3. I was hoping it was a bug causing this that they fixed. But it is still doing it. Also, my husband's Droid X is doing the exact same thing. I tried clearing both the Market cache & data.. no luck.. problem still exists.

Anyone else see this? Any fixes? It's pretty bad when you can't even get to the app from the market. :(

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Oooo, just saw your link. Thanks, that's what it was!
Now I have to play around with trying to fix it..

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
There was a story on the front page of AC yesterday stating that a bug was found in the latest gmail release. They pulled the update and will get a new one out soon. If you're not having problems, I wouldn't worry about it. If you want to know more, just scroll through a couple of pages of AC home and you'll see the article.

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, grey... yep just saw the article. I just downgraded from that latest verison (2.3.4) back to 2.3 using TB. Gmail itself works fine, it's just that it's messed up in the market . After downgrading I was finally able to go back into the Gmail market screen again and read the reviews, and was just about to rate it, when suddenly the market started force closing. So now I'm back where I started again (but this time with 2.3 not 2.3.4). The market screen for Gmail is gone again (and the error is back). Oh well I'm not going to worry about it for now. I just hope when they fix the version they pulled and put it back up, that I am able to download it since my market link to it is messed up now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dawsonnathalie