Old phone or New phone??
02-28-2011 08:06 PM
- Yesterday my DX's ear speaker wouldnt work was fine on speaker phone , did a battery pull and no luck, called Verizon and went thru 2 tech people, two more battery pulls, even a *228 but no luck. the lady said she send me another one. I let her know that 2 months later your going to send me a used phone wasnt fair, long story short she agrred to send a new one. Now 4 hours later the ear speaker worked and has ever since.
So do I use take the new phone that is coming, transfer all the apps and stuff (i Hate that part) and keep the new one, or do I send it back and keep the one I got.
and does anyone know why it stopped working, seems like a software thing because now its fine.
Thanks02-28-2011 01:50 PM
- I had to do this with my Pre Plus also, and then the speaker started working immediately after. I sent it in anyway and took the new one with no problems since I figured it would just happen again. I know backing up everything sucks horribly but I think it's probably worth it. Good luck!
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk02-28-2011 02:17 PM
- i had a similar problem on my DX and it was caused from a weird glitch when i plugged headphones into it... to fix it i just plugged the headphones back in and then re-pulled them back out... it was completely intermitant. sometimes it did it sometimes it didnt... also sometimes experiemced it when connecting bluetooth devices... rarely happens though. if it does happen again, try plugging a set of headphones in, make sure they are working, then pull them back out... it will reset the internal earphone.... hope that helps02-28-2011 03:20 PM
- ArelundeTECHFANIf you are sure you will be getting a brand new X as a replacement, I'd keep the new one and return the old one. If it had problems, they will likely return at some probably totally inconvenient time. If you are getting a refurb X, I'd wait a bit before returning the original to be sure the refurb is a better deal.02-28-2011 06:04 PM
- They said they would send a new one and for me to make sure I send back all the accsories in the box. Replacement phones usually dont come with accesories, so I think it should be new. I did play with the headphone jack and thats when it started working, but I didnt use the headphones for quite sometime before that, so I guess if its new Ill keep it, if CPO it goes back...Maybe i dont know02-28-2011 06:18 PM
- Keep the new one for a few days and test it out, see if there are any bugs to it. The Droid X seems to be hit or miss when it comes to getting a working one. The ear piece speaker is a common issue with the X.
I seem to remember that the only accessories that come with the phone are the USB cable and the AC power adaptor. The battery, battery door, and the SD card was all taken from a different box., at least that’s what I remember when I was at the store. So you might not have a choice when it comes to the SD card.
It’s a pain, but do the back-up assistant and download all the apps again.02-28-2011 07:57 PM
I am so glad I got it when I did.
Set Your Location02-28-2011 08:06 PM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid X Forums
- Motorola Droid X
Old phone or New phone??
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD