Gmail subject line issues RE:RE:RE:RE:RE

bcpalma

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I am emailing back and forth with someone, I notice the subject line gets clogged up with RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE.......

For every message sent! Very annoying. Is this just a gmail setting I have overlooked or is this a Droid X issue? Has anyone else experienced this or know of a fix? Thanks in advance!

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Do you use Gmail? If so, go into the computer version of Gmail > settings and check "conversation view off". This will make each subsequent Gmail/email a separate file instead of stringing them all together. Might help...

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
This type of problem has nothing to do with GMail, itself. The problem comes from all the various email clients that different people use. If someone is using a client that isn't "smart" enough to properly parse a reply email's titles, you'll get the "RE:" concatenation problem.

It can happen with Outlook, Yahoo, GMail, Hotmail, etc. I've noticed it most with web-based (HTML) email clients that are poorly coded. There really isn't much you can do about it because it depends on what client the person you are corresponding with is using, as well as your own. It's the combination of the two that is at fault.

By the way, I haven't seen this problem on my EVO using GMail, but that's probably because of who I correspond with.

Reactions: bcpalma

bcpalma

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, looks like it is still doing it. Hate to say it, but I never had this problem with my BB Tour. Scoreboard : Blackberry 1 Droid X 0

bcpalma

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Happening with all my contacts. People who use outlook, novell groupwise, etc. Kinda funny, since getting my droid I have been asked by a few people to stop emailing them because of it. Long live text!

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, I'm not that familiar with the Droid X. Are you using the GMail client or some other client on the X? (For example, the EVO has two native email clients... one provided by HTC and the GMail client provided by Google. Both can access a GMail account or other accounts.)

Perhaps someone else that has a Droid X can chime in with whether they have seen this. I haven't seen it on the EVO.

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, the latest version of the GMail client is 2.3.4.1. Is that the version you have?

If not, you should go to the Android Market and download the latest. Maybe the version Verizon installed has issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995