Disconnected, unplug charger...

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I have been having some trouble with the car dock. Often the message asking me to unplug the charger to save the planet will freeze up and cover the screen. Has anybody else seen this? Running stock and launcher pro.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I have been having some trouble with the car dock. Often the message asking me to unplug the charger to save the planet will freeze up and cover the screen. Has anybody else seen this? Running stock and launcher pro.

Bump! Ok, I have been patient but this is driving me crazy. About half the time major part of the screen is covered by this message. Am I the only one this is happening to?

ririder

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I use my car dock all the time and have never seen this message, and I am also running stock w/LPP. Sounds like a malware thing to me. Are you running Look Out?

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I get this all of the time. I just ignore it. This is just a friendly reminder to unplug your charger from the wall. Seems our droids cant tell between a wall charger and a car charger.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I get this all of the time. I just ignore it. This is just a friendly reminder to unplug your charger from the wall. Seems our droids cant tell between a wall charger and a car charger.

I don't think you understand, it covers about a third of the screen and stays there while the phone is plugged in to the car dock. Sometimes it even stays after I unplug too. Never happens on the home dock though.

ririder

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Look Out is a program that scans your system and downloads looking for malware and other badness. I strongly suggest you get it since smartphones are the new target of the criminal sort. It's free, go to the market and get it now. You can't go wrong.

knightsseven

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I used to get that notification Cigar ... doesn't pop up on mine anymore. Not sure why and I can't remember if there is a check box to tell it not to remind you again.

I did have to exchange out my Car Dock for a new one, since the first was not charging the phone like it was supposed to.

A mobile protection package is EXTREMELY important. I use Webroot and it rocks! I recommend giving that a try.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I may need to give web root a try. I don't feel like its malware just by the way the message appears and than hangs with a pulsing type of display. Does anybody know where this unplug charger message is originating? I am beginning to think that launcher pro may be the issue. Today when I made a call via car dock I got an error calling for me to force close LP.

knightsseven

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it is from Launcher Pro. I have gotten the message myself and have never used Launcher Pro. Maybe it is just from the stock setup?