80% = 89-80% or 80-71% or ?

jnewell

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
80% = 89-80% or 80-71% or ?

I guarantee this has been asked before but search does not like short search terms. :( Merci beau coup for your help. :)

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Go to Market and download Circle Battery Widget. It will give you tons of customization and, best of all, battery levels in 1 PERCENT increments!!!! Only one that does, to my knowledge.

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't know for sure but I am willing to bet that 80% means 80-71%.

My reasoning is this: The battery fully charged at 100% doesnt imediately jump to 90% after a minute of use.

jnewell

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't know for sure but I am willing to bet that 80% means 80-71%.

My reasoning is this: The battery fully charged at 100% doesnt imediately jump to 90% after a minute of use.

Hmmm...that is logical...also means my battery is draining faster than I thought. :D

So...did the B6X or whatever the # is really fit inside the standard battery cover??? :D

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
So...did the B6X or whatever the # is really fit inside the standard battery cover??? :D

*giggle*

Well, that guy still hasn't reported back with any new info. But the BH6X doesn't work with the standard door for me or many other people that have tried it. I have to admit that apparently it does work with some peoples phones but that must be only a small percentage.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Go to Market and download Circle Battery Widget. It will give you tons of customization and, best of all, battery levels in 1 PERCENT increments!!!! Only one that does, to my knowledge.

Battery Monitor will also calculate battery percentages in 1% increments based on battery voltage.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
The phone "shows" a 10% drop after it drops past the halfway point. ie: 94% = 90. 84% = 80.

That's good, from an accuracy standpoint I was hoping that 90% was actually 90% +/-5% which is a correct way of expressing the uncertainty in the measurement. Ironically with a battery measurement, 100% representing 95-105% charge is also probably pretty accurate, but that's a story for another day.

IMHO the battery meters that go down to +/-0.5% accuracy are just feel-good numbers that really have no basis in reality any more than using 1cm-wide chalk to mark something down to an accuracy of +/-1mm, but if they make people feel good they've done their job ;)

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I am one that the stock door will fit with the extended battery, however having had a Storm 2 with the Seidio extended battery and stock door, I noticed a definite (negative) impact to my touch screen. Therefore even though the stock door does seem to fit just fine, I'm going to stick with the extended door as I don't want to risk any issues with my touchscreen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay