jailbreaking is it POSSIBLE

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i know about rooting a little anyway! but the iphone can do ungodly thing after jailbreaking and gives you access to a ton of things!

same with our phones, and to a great extent if you know what you are doing you can rewrite the whole operating system,,,if you want there are alreay custom operating systems ,,,iphone is a speak and spell compared

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
same with our phones, and to a great extent if you know what you are doing you can rewrite the whole operating system,,,if you want there are alreay custom operating systems ,,,iphone is a speak and spell compared

Speak and Spells were rather intuitive in their time... :p

Mbaverizon#IM

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site

really!!! i must be in the dark, lol because there programs i got from cydia and/or put in a source to download a ton of other apps, programs, stuff, and rooting lets you do this too???

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
really!!! i must be in the dark, lol because there programs i got from cydia and/or put in a source to download a ton of other apps, programs, stuff, and rooting lets you do this too???

what is it you want to accomplish? ,,, here at android central we dont condone pirated apps , but if you tell me what you want perhaps i can direct you in the right direction i dont have a DX anymore but maybe i can help

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
By gaining root access to Android you have now the ability to control every possible kernel source to every bit of hardware, period.

There is NO greater control of hardware.

Mbaverizon#IM

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
what is it you want to accomplish? ,,, here at android central we dont condone pirated apps , but if you tell me what you want perhaps i can direct you in the right direction i dont have a DX anymore but maybe i can help

i dont do pirated apps i was just saying what the iphone jailbreaking does, and i dont know where to even start about what i want and can be done by rooting

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
With root you can control every aspect of your phone. You can add custom ROMs, themes, overclock, underclock. Pretty much whatever you can think of.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Also note that some features that need jailbreaking on the iPhone come stock on Android phones. Others require going through the config menus and unlocking 3rd party software sources. There's quite a bit that can be done before you need to root. And our version of Opera isn't NC-17. :)

Mbaverizon#IM

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Also note that some features that need jailbreaking on the iPhone come stock on Android phones. Others require going through the config menus and unlocking 3rd party software sources. There's quite a bit that can be done before you need to root. And our version of Opera isn't NC-17. :)

so your saying the androids are better than the iphone espicially when it comes to (jailbreaking)

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
so your saying the androids are better than the iphone espicially when it comes to (jailbreaking)

Nope, just that they're different. The iPhone is a walled garden and as long as you ask for Jobs permission you can do whatever you want. Or you can jailbreak your phone and void your warranty for the ability to do more stuff.

With Android there is more freedom. There are apps that compete with Google apps in the marketplace. You can use apps outside the marketplace with a flick of a switch. For some stuff you still need to root (again, voiding your warranty). Neither is a completely free environment, but the Android environment is certainly much more open and I love the Xoom method of having a documented off switch for the locks.

Whether Android is better is more a matter of opinion, but it certainly suits me (and probably most who populate these forums) a lot better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37