Soon to be BB convert here

BobR2

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Have used a Curve or Bold for last three years, now have a X on order and should have by Tuesday. Any first steps advice, tips for transition, whatever?

I can't flipping wait, the screen on this thing just looks amazing, and the screen size compared to what I am used to... I just can't wait!

Delicache

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I just got my first android phone this week and i found it pretty helpful to do a search on youtube for best android apps. There are so many apps to choose from and this helped me narrow it down and i found a lot of great apps doing this.

Ahowe125

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I just switched from BB storm 2 and it wasn't difficult. My concatcs were synced to my gmail already and after that its just playing around and reading the forums. I have learned so much on these forums and youtube videos. Congrats on your purchase.. you will be very happy.

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Congrats! I came from the Storm2 also, and can tell you that you won't be sorry! I never looked back! This is a great place to come for info and help. Welcome aboard!

BobR2

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone, appreciate the feedback. Should have the X tomorrow or Tuesday at latest!

Hardest part so far is trying to decide to decide on case / holster... so much to choose from, doing lots of research here on that as well

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
You are going to be so blown away by how nice the DX is. It is a little daunting at first, but search the forums, or start a thread. The guys on here will get your questions answered!

BTW 9630->9650->DX

The phone, stock, is pretty good, but the magic happens when you root it and install a custom ROM.

Never, ever been happier with a phone than I am with the DX.

As far as a case goes, I don't use one. I just have a Zagg protecting my screen. I have not found a case that works with the windshield mount. The mount transforms the DX into an awesome GPS, and I use Waze everyday. The thing is so sexy naked anyway.

Last edited:

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone, appreciate the feedback. Should have the X tomorrow or Tuesday at latest!

Hardest part so far is trying to decide to decide on case / holster... so much to choose from, doing lots of research here on that as well

Verizon has a good gel case. But the phone is really durable and looks really good and sleek. You may not want a case to cover it.

Ahowe125

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently using a Black Qmadix Gel case that I got on Amazon for like 15 bucks. I believe its the same one Verizon sells in the store. It fits the phone very well, and isnt rubbery, so it doesn't collect pocket lint. But still provides a great feel and doesn't make it too bulky.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Trust me, if you don't already have your X in hand, you WILL be absolutely blown away... the BB can't compete even slightly! There is a thread for BB converts on this forum that will walk you through the differences between the two phones. But the things you might miss are so few compared to what you gain, you won't ever look back. This forum is the BEST! Lots of good advice and good people. Welcome!!

mtjoy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Congrats man! I just made the jump from from BB. 8830 > 9530 > 9550 > DX :D And as y'all have said there is no comparison. I can't believe I waited this long. Although my company was the biggest hold up as they just started offering support for Lotus Notes.

Ahowe125

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
The 8330 is a classic. I loved the keyboard.

Ya, That was my girlfriends first BB.. then I ended up getting a good deal on a used Tour, and I had the storm 2 at that time. She doesn't like touch screen phones, so she keeps using the BB.. but dang shes fast on that keyboard. lol

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon