Looking for comparison pic body glove

BobR2

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
OK, new member, second post here....

Can someone post a pic of an X sitting next to a body glove case. Just trying to see exactly how much thicker this will get using this case before I order. My only concern about my switch from a BB is getting adjusted to the size.

The body glove seems to provide some of the most protection without being the bulkiest out there.

Finsol

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
OK, new member, second post here....

Can someone post a pic of an X sitting next to a body glove case. Just trying to see exactly how much thicker this will get using this case before I order. My only concern about my switch from a BB is getting adjusted to the size.

The body glove seems to provide some of the most protection without being the bulkiest out there.

Unfortunately I do not have comparison pics but I have owned both the bodyglove case and the otterbox commuter case. Comparing both to eachother the Otterbox case is actually thinner than the bodyglove case AND you can use the extended battery with the otterbox case while you cannot with the bodyglove case.

Astetic wise the otterbox looks much better but has a slick outer shell which makes the phone a bit slippery. The bodyglove case has a rubbery coating making it much stickier but the con to that is it will be a pain to take out of your pocket.

In a nutshell, if you want the thinnest case with more than adequate protection and wont give you grief putting it and taking it out of your pocket the otterbox case is for you

Last edited:

BobR2

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Finsol. I had the commuter on my list, but no holster took it out of the running. I am probably 50/50 with dropping in a pocket or in a holster with my current BB, so need to have that option.

From what I have seen, most cases that surround the X won't then fit into say a basic leather holster.

Finsol

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Finsol. I had the commuter on my list, but no holster took it out of the running. I am probably 50/50 with dropping in a pocket or in a holster with my current BB, so need to have that option.

From what I have seen, most cases that surround the X won't then fit into say a basic leather holster.

While the bodyglove case does have the ability to attach a belt clip the make of it seems mediocre at best. The hinges are thin springs which I'm sure will fail after extended use. The otterbox defender case has an excellent belt clip, the hinges are solid metal and can take a heating but alas the case is ridonkulously huge lol.

Verizon has a thin case that has a slide in belt clip that protects the screen but since I don't care for belt clips I wasn't interestes. Maybe you might like it.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a Verizon store nearby? If so, they usually have both of these cases in stock (at least mine always does). Go by and try them both out.

Lightninrod

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
My X with the bodyglove on does allow for the extended battery. Have had both installed for months now.

The bg does increase the overall size of the X but it does a great job of protecting it from falls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki