Droidx slowing down

rpres62

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
After 6 months me my x has gotten really sluggish on my. I used to love the camera on it but now that's as slow a my old bb phone. Its almost useless unless your taking picture of something that doesn't move.

What am I missing?

Sent from my DROIDX

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Try using a cache cleaner if you aren't already (many free ones on the market). You can set it to automatically clear out all the garbage at certain intervals throughout the day. I found it does help a bit.

Reactions: krystra and dlgus

Rocko

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes, clear your cache. Power off phone. Hold down power button and home button at the same time until you see android icon with excalmation mark. Push the magnifying glass button. Use the volume buttons to move cursor to Wipe Cache Partition. Use camera button to select this. When done choose reboot. This will not clear any user data or apps.

I do this AFTER I uninstall any useless apps. If a particular app is giving you problems-camera-find it under Menu/settings/Applications/All. Then choose Clear Data. This helps out quite a bit.

Reactions: Nashcat and rinnr1

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
If you root your X you can DL an app called cache cleaner and you wont have to powerdown to clean cache. But that app needs root access

DXmeatclaws via talkatap

Rocko

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
These phones act like PC's as far as bogging down. I like to reinstall or .SBF my phone from time to time to start clean. But that takes some research before you dive into that.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
These phones act like PC's as far as bogging down. I like to reinstall or .SBF my phone from time to time to start clean. But that takes some research before you dive into that.

Doing your homework before you start the sbf process is good. Its a simple/fast chance at a fresh start. Its like riding a bike though, do it once and you wont forget

DXmeatclaws via talkatap

Reactions: heraldo

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
If you root your X you can DL an app called cache cleaner and you wont have to powerdown to clean cache. But that app needs root access

DXmeatclaws via talkatap

+1 for cache cleaner. Also there is a cache cleaner in JRumm16's overclocker. Both are good. I tend to use CacheCleaner more because I have a widget for one click access.

Reactions: krystra

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
1.) As others have mentioned I would "clear cache".

2.) Next, rule out a conflict with another app that you might have downloaded. Delete the apps and see if your camera operation improves. If it does then the issue is with an app. Re-download one at a time to see if you can find the culprit.

3.) Next I would try to rule out a corrupted Gallery item. Again backup files, and delete the files. See if that solves your problem. If it does then the issue is a corrupted file, reintroduce one file at a time until you identify the culprit.

4.) I would also, reformat your sd card (backup first) and reload items back on a clean sd card sometimes a bad file can cause problems.

In summary try ruling out the easy stuff first, phone wipe or SBF as a last resort.

fantasma4

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
big nono is to use a task killer... especially if you are new... I used to get auto reboots randomly because even before I got my X I heard people saying you have to dl a task killer... once I stopped using one and just kill apps using the settings>applications>running services I was ok.
Now I am rooted running apex 1.4.1 and launcher pro plus... not sluggish at all and destroy quadrant... 1400 last time I ran it

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I've always had task killers and they are good if you know how to use it.

I NEVER do auto-kill or kill all. Never ever. I only use it when after running an app (about 10 minutes after running it) and I see some lag, I'll use task killer to close out that app and let it restart if necessary. I use it maybe once or twice a week.

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I have used CacheMate for a long time now, and it worked fine... until a recent update - now I find that it does not work for me anymore. So I tried Cache Cleaner NG which got really good reviews, and it appears to clean up more than Cachemate did! I think I am sticking with that now. Just thought I'd share my recent experience with this in case you are looking into these apps.

papadonna

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Slowing down....

and it rightfully should be.....

The Moto Atrix in my eyes is what the Droid X(2) should be....

It comes with dual core processor, 4g cap, front facing camera, hdmi cable and the extended battery verizon sold me. Wow moto....could you not send the hdmi cable and bh6x battery with the droid x as well...:'(

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
big nono is to use a task killer... especially if you are new... I used to get auto reboots randomly because even before I got my X I heard people saying you have to dl a task killer... once I stopped using one and just kill apps using the settings>applications>running services I was ok.
Now I am rooted running apex 1.4.1 and launcher pro plus... not sluggish at all and destroy quadrant... 1400 last time I ran it

Agreed! Task Killers can bug the phone IF USED WRONG (ie: auto killing). Froyo doesnt need ATK. Android kills non-used apps if RAM gets low. Its the way Android is ran. I believe in teh Holy Bible of ATK. Im going on hour 4 of my Watchdog VS ATK. I uninstalled ATK and installed Watchdog Task Manager Lite and set it to Agreesive (LOL). So far, my phone is preforming better instead of ATK...

Per Jerry's Blog about this, and XDA and Cyanogen and LifeHacker.com and EVEN Google, People have to START understanding that Android DOES NOT run like "Microsoft/Windows"... You dont need to kill Apps to free RAM, memory, save battery or whatever your reasoning is. Android will do it itself when RAM is low. ITll kill unused apps, in the order it was activated, thus free RAM automatically without using that much, if at all, CPU cycles, which in turn kills battery life. By using ATK, you use CPU to kill apps... and if you set autokill and even set to a time limit, your using more CPU and more battery. And nanoseconds later, the apps "re-appear"... so you kill again... ugh... Let Andy kill the apps! its natural and part of its programming... now you do have those wacky mis-coded/made-incorrectly apps that use alot of CPU if left unintended... Use watchdog to detect these stray apps, and if the Dog says "these app is killing CPU and battery (limit set by you, like 50% for ex:)... then kill it... no need for ATK as watchdog does the job! Again... better to kill 1-2 apps than the ENTIRE app list ATK gives you... again, this can be buggy to any Android running 2.2+.....

But, per these blogs, if ATK gives you a killer orgasim and a schizo peace of mind, then be my guest, use it. Just dont report app issues to the developer.. If they see you use ATK in the report.. your report is instantly deleted... just try sending Cyanogen a error report if you have ATK on your Android...

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
There may be come conflicts between your apps. They don't always agree with each other or with the X itself. Also, if you have TONS of apps on your X, it will slow it down -- just like a computer.

Check your SD card in Settings > SD card & phone storage settings. See how much unused space you have. If there isn't too much left, you need to clean house.

A battery pull (battery out, wait full minute, battery in, turn on) will often fix a lot of misc bugs. Sometimes, you have to do several in a row for things to settle down. This is less problematic than doing some of the other, more drastic solutions. Worth a try.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad