homescreen/icon question

richdroidx

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Pleaseeeee can someone point me in the right direction for the simplest way to change my dock icons on the bottom to text icons. I've downloaded a bunch of launchers. Minimalistic text and some other stuff but can't figure it out. I just want a clean looking screen with text icons..

Maximaniac

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Which launcher(s) do you have? If it's ADW, all you have to do is long press the dock icon you want to change and tap edit. I believe it's the same process for LP too.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
If you have Launcher Pro:
You will have to download the icons that you would like to your gallery. There are several @ this link:
Icon Packs – droidpirate.com
http://droidpirate.com/category/android-theming/launcherpro-icons/
If the icon you need is not there you will need "Photoshop" to modify the text to whatever you would like it to read. There are several there so chances are it is already made.

With Launcher pro you long press on the icon you would like to change and select "Change icon", then select "Custom icon", this takes you to your gallery where you should have already uploaded the icons.You can also download custom docks there as well. You should end up with something similar to this:
4.png

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Check out the sticky on screen shots. You will get all kinds of ideas and apps, even cool wallpapers you can dl right from the thread! It's one of the best threads. Amazing what guys have done with their X's. Inspirational...

richdroidx

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok the link works and I see and downloaded some very nice icons. Now I just need to resize them bigger. The icons are saved to my gallery and I have bettercut but its just adding shortcuts. I want to resize the new dock text icons..

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok the link works and I see and downloaded some very nice icons. Now I just need to resize them bigger. The icons are saved to my gallery and I have bettercut but its just adding shortcuts. I want to resize the new dock text icons..

I am not familiar with "Bettercut", but to resize you need to open in photo shop and experiment with different font sizes. There is a limit to how large of an image you can have on the dock. I think it is 74x74, but don't quote me on that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995