Not getting text notifications in LPP dock

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I haven't been seeing a number notification on the upper right corner of the messaging Icon I'm using in the dock on launcherpro plus for when I recieve texts. I know I get them for my gmail icon (see attached picture below), can't remember if I have gotten the notification for missed calls either. I went into LPP Preferences/dock settings/dock notifications and all three choices are checked. Missed call count, Unread SMS count, and Unread Gmail count. Is it possible that it's because I'm using a custom Icon? I don't remember it happening with the regular Icon either though. Could it be that it's too close to the edge of the screen to show it? I just tried texting for the first time last month and never has shown anything in the dock to let me know. I get sound notifications and an icon notification in the status bar, but no number showing in the dock. I do get a number above the icon when I press the dock icon and go into the messaging app's first screen, there is a number showing there over the icon where it says text messaging. I want it to show in the dock before I click to go into the app though. Thanks for any help you can give.:)
homescreen1.png

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
"I just tried texting for the first time last month" Really? lol

Judging by that icon your using an aftermarket messaging app? SMS Go? If so, the check boxes I believe are for the stock messaging app in LPP. Go into your messaging settings for your MMS app and see what you can find in there. Or Im totally wrong and wait for the next response,lol

Reactions: Andy847

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, never really saw the need for texting before. Always thought, why not just pick up the phone and talk? I have to admit, sometimes it's nice.:p
I have it figured out, your post Jerseyboy made me check something. I had the custom icon associated with the application Messaging, instead of Text Messaging. Changed it to text messaging and now it works. Thanks for the help.:D