Is it bad ...

xltbob

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
Screaming and running around like a little girl because you ordered the X? or because as soon as you ordered the X you heard that the TB is coming out on Thursday?

Just kiddiing.

I hope to be screaming and running around like a little girl here soon as my upgrade is coming up in the next couple of weeks. I've had enough of this BB Storm.

Reactions: knightsseven

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the others, the screaming is normal for the most part. I however did not have any crazy reaction upon receiving my X. I picked mine up in person at the local VZW store. I did 4 backflips, 2 Tarzan yells and a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick aimed at nothing. All of the antics after it was activated of course. :)

You'll enjoy your new phone. It will definately keep you entertained and help you be productive at the same time.

Best advice I can offer to you is stay away from task killers and annoy iphone owners whenever you get the chance.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Root that bad boy as soon as you get it. Running unrooted isn't something I could ever do. It was extremely too slow for me to enjoy

DXmeatclaws via talkatap

knightsseven

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Thank goodness ... I was worried that the emotional response was disproportionate to the moment.

@ greydarrah ... I am coming from the iPhone 4. I have been an iPhone user since the first gen ... and I am just up to here (trust me, my hand is REALLY high in the air) with Apple's policies! I have been reading all of the getting started Android links and iPhone to Android links I can get my hands on.

I am SO rooting that phone!! I am a tinkerer and technologist, so it just makes sense. Reading as many of those guides as I can too ... paying special attention to doing ALL of the steps and Backing Up the phone properly.

Very glad to be here, so thank you for all of the warm welcomes. I LOVE this community. I will post my kickoff with the phone on Thursday.

Until then, no sleep for me!

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Probably even more than 2 batteries. Got mine right after release in July last year ... still amazed by its capabilities that seem to be endless. Always learning new things and always delighted! You will absolutely LOVE it!

Congratulations on a great decision and welcome to the AC forums... you'll love this, too!

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the others, the screaming is normal for the most part. I however did not have any crazy reaction upon receiving my X. I picked mine up in person at the local VZW store. I did 4 backflips, 2 Tarzan yells and a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick aimed at nothing. All of the antics after it was activated of course. :)

You'll enjoy your new phone. It will definately keep you entertained and help you be productive at the same time.

Best advice I can offer to you is stay away from task killers and annoy iphone owners whenever you get the chance.

LoL.... classic.

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
No "Ill be back" Terminator just before leaving the store? LMFAO!!!!

I outgrew Terminator a while ago. Plus, I'm only 5'10" so that wouldn't be all that convincing. :( In all honesty, I despise going into a mobile phone store unless it's absolutely necessary. I always and up buying some accessory that I do not need.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Same here... had to keep mine plugged in the first two days of setting things up and learning the device. I remember thinking... man the battery life sucks on this thing. Turns out I was just fascinated by it and couldn't put it down.

xltbob

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
You guys are killing me!! I'm still waiting for the message from Verizon that I'm cleared for my NE2 upgrade discount. Technically, tomorrow (3/17) I will have one more month to wait, but I'm hoping that Verizon says "Close enough, here is your upgrade credit". My Verizon has had the label "One More Month" on it for several weeks, so I'm hoping for the best.

Simply put, I am living vicariously through everyone on this forum and the new users.

Ugh!!

knightsseven

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Well ... it arrives tomorrow. Not sure I will get much sleep tonight. I am still reading every thread I can find, How-To article, and YouTube videos. I know absolutely nothing about the Android OS, and that is fine with me, that is one of the most exciting parts I think. I will post an update tomorrow when she arrives.

3dmonkey

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
DON'T BUY IT!!!

Soon after it arrives in the mail, you'll download Angry Birds.

Instead of increasing production at work, you will be increasing your trips to the restrooms to further your high scores.

Next, you will download Space Physics to watch your doodles actually come to life.

Then, instead of exercising your body, you will download Doodle Bowling to exercise your index finger.

If all goes according to plan, you will download Fleya and grin like a simpleton in a corner watching all the pretty patterns made by flicking your fingers on the screen...

You'll lose your corner office, your friends, your wife, possibly your dog.

Been there, done that.

And, I told you not to buy it...

PS - And all of the above apps are FREE in the Android Market. It's a racket, I tell ya. They're in collusion to bring down society...

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar