1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Is it bad ...

... that when I placed my Droid X order this morning (getting here on Thursday) that I ran around in circles screaming like a girl?
    | z4Rooted | Liberty 1.5 | ADW Launcher | Webroot Mobile Security |
    "I'll miss the sea, but a person needs new experiences. They jar something deep inside, allowing him to grow. Without change something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." -Duke Leto Atreides

Perfectly normal reaction. Congrats! What phone are you coming to the X from?
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

Please tell me someone was videotaping this event,lol it shall be posted if so! And congrats, your gona love this new phone.
    Yea, I'm still rockin' a Gnex. The signal strength/quality sucks, but hey, it's not two years old yet.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Rooted GB

The DX is an amazing phone, you maybe fashionably late to the party but there's plenty of life left :-P
    Find my comment helpful? Then feel free to thank me.
    Thanked by:

Screaming and running around like a little girl because you ordered the X? or because as soon as you ordered the X you heard that the TB is coming out on Thursday?

Just kiddiing.

I hope to be screaming and running around like a little girl here soon as my upgrade is coming up in the next couple of weeks. I've had enough of this BB Storm.
    Thanked by:
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,017 Global Posts

Congrats! The DX currently is the BEST android phone VZW has. Running around screaming like a little girl is normal.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

I agree with the others, the screaming is normal for the most part. I however did not have any crazy reaction upon receiving my X. I picked mine up in person at the local VZW store. I did 4 backflips, 2 Tarzan yells and a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick aimed at nothing. All of the antics after it was activated of course.

You'll enjoy your new phone. It will definately keep you entertained and help you be productive at the same time.

Best advice I can offer to you is stay away from task killers and annoy iphone owners whenever you get the chance.
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Thanked by:
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,595 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Root that bad boy as soon as you get it. Running unrooted isn't something I could ever do. It was extremely too slow for me to enjoy

DXmeatclaws via talkatap
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thank goodness ... I was worried that the emotional response was disproportionate to the moment.

@ greydarrah ... I am coming from the iPhone 4. I have been an iPhone user since the first gen ... and I am just up to here (trust me, my hand is REALLY high in the air) with Apple's policies! I have been reading all of the getting started Android links and iPhone to Android links I can get my hands on.

I am SO rooting that phone!! I am a tinkerer and technologist, so it just makes sense. Reading as many of those guides as I can too ... paying special attention to doing ALL of the steps and Backing Up the phone properly.

Very glad to be here, so thank you for all of the warm welcomes. I LOVE this community. I will post my kickoff with the phone on Thursday.

Until then, no sleep for me!
    "I'll miss the sea, but a person needs new experiences. They jar something deep inside, allowing him to grow. Without change something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." -Duke Leto Atreides

ROM
    Stock

5 bucks says you'll go through 2 battery cycles aimlessly exploring your new device. Most of us did....
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Thanked by:
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,627 Global Posts

Probably even more than 2 batteries. Got mine right after release in July last year ... still amazed by its capabilities that seem to be endless. Always learning new things and always delighted! You will absolutely LOVE it!

Congratulations on a great decision and welcome to the AC forums... you'll love this, too!
    Always learning ...
    Thanked by:
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet View Post
    I agree with the others, the screaming is normal for the most part. I however did not have any crazy reaction upon receiving my X. I picked mine up in person at the local VZW store. I did 4 backflips, 2 Tarzan yells and a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick aimed at nothing. All of the antics after it was activated of course.

You'll enjoy your new phone. It will definately keep you entertained and help you be productive at the same time.

Best advice I can offer to you is stay away from task killers and annoy iphone owners whenever you get the chance.
    LoL.... classic.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Unroot Stock JB 98.72.16

I did 4 backflips, 2 Tarzan yells and a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick aimed at nothing. All of the antics after it was activated of course.
    No "Ill be back" Terminator just before leaving the store? LMFAO!!!!
    If I helped you, then please hit the "Thanks" and/or "Like" button(s). I like to know I'm not just here for amusement.
    **1998** Nokia 6160 > Samsung Color VGA1000 > Samsung T209 > Samsung SGH867 Eternity > Samsung I8000 Omnia 2 > Motorola MB810 Droid X > Motorola XT912 DROID RAZR **2013**

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by androidcore View Post
    No "Ill be back" Terminator just before leaving the store? LMFAO!!!!
    I outgrew Terminator a while ago. Plus, I'm only 5'10" so that wouldn't be all that convincing. In all honesty, I despise going into a mobile phone store unless it's absolutely necessary. I always and up buying some accessory that I do not need.
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    ROM
    GPE 4.4.2 TiKTaC ROM

5 bucks says you'll go through 2 battery cycles aimlessly exploring your new device. Most of us did....
    oh ya, easily.. I think I had to charge mine back to full 2 times that first day I had it.. I couldn't put it down.
    | 32GB Verizon HTC One - S-Off, Unlocked and Rooted on NuSenseOne-Kitkat RC-1.4 |
    | 16GB Nexus 7 (2013) - Unlocked and Rooted on Stock 4.4.2 |
    | Jet Black Pebble Smart Watch (Red Slickwrap) - Official SDK 2.0.13 |
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

Same here... had to keep mine plugged in the first two days of setting things up and learning the device. I remember thinking... man the battery life sucks on this thing. Turns out I was just fascinated by it and couldn't put it down.

You guys are killing me!! I'm still waiting for the message from Verizon that I'm cleared for my NE2 upgrade discount. Technically, tomorrow (3/17) I will have one more month to wait, but I'm hoping that Verizon says "Close enough, here is your upgrade credit". My Verizon has had the label "One More Month" on it for several weeks, so I'm hoping for the best.

Simply put, I am living vicariously through everyone on this forum and the new users.

Ugh!!
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Well ... it arrives tomorrow. Not sure I will get much sleep tonight. I am still reading every thread I can find, How-To article, and YouTube videos. I know absolutely nothing about the Android OS, and that is fine with me, that is one of the most exciting parts I think. I will post an update tomorrow when she arrives.

DON'T BUY IT!!!

Soon after it arrives in the mail, you'll download Angry Birds.

Instead of increasing production at work, you will be increasing your trips to the restrooms to further your high scores.

Next, you will download Space Physics to watch your doodles actually come to life.

Then, instead of exercising your body, you will download Doodle Bowling to exercise your index finger.

If all goes according to plan, you will download Fleya and grin like a simpleton in a corner watching all the pretty patterns made by flicking your fingers on the screen...

You'll lose your corner office, your friends, your wife, possibly your dog.

Been there, done that.

And, I told you not to buy it...

PS - And all of the above apps are FREE in the Android Market. It's a racket, I tell ya. They're in collusion to bring down society...
    Last edited by 3dmonkey; 03-16-2011 at 12:11 PM. Reason: 'Cause I wanted to...
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Lose the dog? Ughhh ... cancelling order ....

Quote Originally Posted by xltbob View Post
    Screaming and running around like a little girl because you ordered the X? or because as soon as you ordered the X you heard that the TB is coming out on Thursday?

Just kiddiing.

I hope to be screaming and running around like a little girl here soon as my upgrade is coming up in the next couple of weeks. I've had enough of this BB Storm.
    Yup, I was screaming and running around coming out of the store with my new DX!! Second round of screaming and running around came when I rooted and loaded me some Gingerbread. Hot Damn!!

Goodbye BB Storm, oh how I won't miss you!!

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I did 4 backflips, 2 Tarzan yells and a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick aimed at nothing.
    I aimed mine. Knocked my old Tour through a wall.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10