1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Default movies from iTunes

Is it possible to transfer movies from iTunes to DoubleTwist?

They will not play on your Droid X because of the DRM scheme used on iTunes movies.

@ French ... what if the movies were installed digital copies from DVDs? Does the same thing apply? Not the end of the world for me, but that would be a pretty big bummer. I hope this does not apply to iTunes music. /cry
    | z4Rooted | Liberty 1.5 | ADW Launcher | Webroot Mobile Security |
    "I'll miss the sea, but a person needs new experiences. They jar something deep inside, allowing him to grow. Without change something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." -Duke Leto Atreides

If you burned them yourself and they are in the right format they should work fine. But purchased from iTunes won't. Music could be an issue depending on when it was purchased. Best way to find out is to give it a shot.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

All of my movies are digital copies but had them formatted for iTunes, so I'm sol right?

Actually of you burned them to be compatible w iTunes they may work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    Actually of you burned them to be compatible w iTunes they may work just fine.
    I actually think they are saying they downloaded the video from the movie manufacture as a digital copy and it usually give you a a option to pick you OS to verify the file is optimized for that device... If so this is a unknown situation because some company adds the itunes DRM into the file if it is downloaded to itunes to load file. This is one downside to having to load everything through itunes.

If you check the properties of the file there should be a area that reports if file is DRM. See Screen Shot.. If it has a m4V which is iphone DRM format it wont work..

Last edited by wildman; 03-15-2011 at 06:12 PM.
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...