How to turn off Notification sound when plugging in

dmcrowe

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
How do I turn off the notification sound when I plug in my DX to the computer? I'm not using the Moto software or anything else to change the defualt behavior when I plug it in (like turning on bluetooth). I just want it to charge (which works fine) WITHOUT the typical notification sound.

I'm sure it's simple, but I can't find the correct setting. Thanks.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
There's an app called Extended Controls where you can create customized widgets. One of these could be a button widget that changes your sounds from normal to vibrate to silent (and back) at a touch.

This app has just about all the options in the Settings menu as possible on-screen control widgets. You can put the buttons together in a string or separate as singles ... and anything in between. It's an excellent app by Honolulu Team in Market.

dmcrowe

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
It's not Settings>Sounds>SD Card notifications

That option is not checked.

I get the notification sound whenever I plug my phone into a computer. It does NOT appear as Drive on the computer by default nor do I want it to. I just want to plug it in to charge in silence.

scooter2#AC

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Can't turn off sound

This is one of the more annoying issues with the Droid X. There's no simple method to turn off the loud noise the phone makes when you plug in the USB to charge by computer, despite numerous incorrect guesses. I typically charge my phone at night, after other family members have retired for the evening. The loud noise is ridiculous.

It may be possible to alter the particular sound file, to make it quieter or silent, but I don't know which file it is or where it's located.

If someone can give a correct answer to this seemingly simple problem it would be very welcomed.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what you are talking about, but you should be able to change it.

When I plug in my X, I get my personalized "notification" sound, which is a soft ping. Settings > Sounds > Notifications > Notification ringtone. Mine sound is "Notifier _Lucid". This may have been a ringtone I dl; not sure it came with the X.

RoothPooth

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: sound

I'd like to turn off the notification or just the sound part of it, that I get when I plug my phone in to charge the battery. I don't want to have to make all notifications silent though. Is there a way to do this. I'm on GS3 Verizon Android 4.1.2
THANKS