Help! Issues with my DX!
03-18-2011 10:22 AM
- My original Droid broke in January, and since I was due for an upgrade I figured I would use it to get a new phone. I first went with the Samsung Galaxy S, which was a major mistake. I had that phone for about 48 hours and wasnt able to make a single phone call or use a single app without getting an error. So I took it back to my verizon wireless store and they were happy to trade it in (30-day exchange) for whatever I want, and since I loved my Droid I decided to go for the Droid X.
The first couple of weeks with the DX were amazing, and I was super happy that I picked that phone. After about 3 weeks of use, I started getting error messages when downloading various apps, "Download Error -18." I learned that in order to download the game with that issue, I have to unmount my SD card (which is ridiculous since I selected to download all my apps to my phone and not the card). After other frustrations with it freezing, or failing to install apps, I took it into my local VZW store and they showed me how to factory reset my phone. Since February 1st I have had to do this about 3 or 4 different times due to download errors as well as the phone freezing, or other issues. It's extremely frustrating and makes me want to get a NEW phone, but of course all the VZW reps at the store will offer is a refurbished phone mailed to me.
The latest issue I have been having, which started today, is "Download Unsuccessful, Try Again." This message appears for anything I try to update or download. Of course I discovered this after I paid for an app that I am now unable to download and the "refund" option is not available (it's been about 5 hours). I was wondering if anyone else has been having similar problems with their Android phone. I tried the suggestions on the Verizon website (wait 10 minutes, turn off/on phone), I cleared the cache on the market app, I've pulled the battery and I've reset some Data on the google apps. I *think* I've done everything except for factory reset my phone--I'm afraid to do this because I'm worried that it wont fix it and then I wont be able to install ANY apps and basically have a stock phone.
HELP!03-18-2011 02:13 AM
- I also love how their email response is basically a copy and paste from the forums where we submit our issue....
Thanks for writing in. If you receive a "Download unsuccessful" message
when attempting to download an app, try the following troubleshooting
steps to resolve the issue:
- Restart your phone then try downloading the app again.
- Confirm that there is connectivity on your device (contact your mobile
service provider if you aren't connected).
- Wait 10 minutes and try your download again.
If you're still unsuccessful, let us know and we'll be happy to
The Android Market Team"
...None of your suggestions worked, isn't that why I sent a message in the first place?
blah!03-18-2011 02:35 AM
- NB Droid ... Check the note under my sig before you give up and return your new X for a refurb.....
Another warning ... do NOT install that Moto program to your computer when you hook up via USB Mass Storage Mode. It's useless and only causes problems. If you've installed it already, UN-install i t and when you plug in your X, hit cancel every time it wants to install. PITA but necessary. You can do all you want via drag/drop when the X is a flash drive USB connection.
Luck!!!03-18-2011 10:22 AM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid X Forums
- Motorola Droid X
Help! Issues with my DX!
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD