Rebooting issues

Rithisak

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I haven't had my X long and right out of the box when I connect it to a PC it immediately rebooted once then is fine but over the past few days it has started rebooting more and randomly then I had a friend tell me his Droid 2 was doing it and got it exchanged for a Fascinate and it started doing it. What could be the cause of it?

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Read the "Note" under my sig for the major cause of this rebooting problem. Another possibility is/are apps that don't agree with other apps or the X's operating system.

If you eliminate the auto-update features on all your Market downloaded apps and you are still having problems, be very suspicious of one (or more) of your apps. Try to recall when it started and un-install apps - one at a time - that were installed after that point. If the problem disappears, you can re-install the other apps.

PS -- A battery pull (battery out, wait a full minute, install battery, turn on) after app installations improves stability. Gives the X a chance to get all the new data settled in.

wg#AC

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
OK. I agree don't give up on your X just yet. I was having the same problem. What I eventually had to do is wipe and reinstall everything. It sucked but it improved both my batt life and my problem with rebooting. I went one step further and reinstalled the os I really hope you won't need to go that far.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
There are a number of threads on this exact issue if you want to read through the solutions others have found. If you have installed Launcher Pro (causes problems on some, but not all X's) or ATK (causes rebooting and lag issues on almost all froyo phones), delete them. If that doesn't help, do a factory reset (settings, privacy, factory data reset). Don't give up on the phone. It's an excellent device, but also a complicated computer that sometimes needs some understanding.