Question to droid x owners

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I have the Samsung Fascinate and I'm stuck with 2.1 and froyo is supposed to be coming but who knows when that is going to happen.
Anyway so I was thinking about trying to complain enough to Verizon and maybe getting the Droid x? Last time I played with it though, mind you I have only played with the demo phones the droid x seemed laggy. Like the pinch to zoom on photos and stuff is kinda choppy and not smooth like the Fascinate. Has this been addressed? Has there been any lag fix that I don't know about for the droid x. Let me know thanks.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
The Droid X lags a little when scrolling, but on the whole I think it is snappy. Some will tell you that the screen isn't as vibrant as the Fascinate. Buy the phone is awesome. But I wouldn't change phones just because the Droid X has Froyo. The Fascinate will get the update soon. You will just have to be patient.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have the Samsung Fascinate and I'm stuck with 2.1 and froyo is supposed to be coming but who knows when that is going to happen.
Anyway so I was thinking about trying to complain enough to Verizon and maybe getting the Droid x? Last time I played with it though, mind you I have only played with the demo phones the droid x seemed laggy. Like the pinch to zoom on photos and stuff is kinda choppy and not smooth like the Fascinate. Has this been addressed? Has there been any lag fix that I don't know about for the droid x. Let me know thanks.

yeah there have been some solid rumors about getting froyo by the 17th

and the devs have been saying they may have gingerbread rom ready by the 1st

so good things are coming my friend,,,,and yeah i wasnt happy with the laggy UI and the washed out screen,,,well the screen is nice until you are using the DX and fascinate like i was at the same time, after a while looking at the DX made me depressed

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I did exactly what the op is inquiring about and replying from my droid x. What pushed me over the edge was the hours I spent installing leaked, cleaned, debloated (etc.) froyo roms. I couldn't take the horrible battery life and just said enough. I loved the hardware...I mean really loved it. But the lack of froyo at this late date just pushed me over the edge.

So now I have the droid x and I am very happy. With the 1930 battery they sent me this lasts longer than the best day on my fascinate. And believe it or not I prefer the Droid screen. I would rather "step back" on the screen for better battery so that's a personal decision. But I can see on this screen better with some things. Probably the larger size.

This droid x just "does" with no issues and no need to install different roms, kernels, etc. I can't have a rooted phone (work email issue) so couldn't really play in that sandbox anyway. So the droid x is a great fit for me and I am very happy. Better call quality and signal too.

Last edited:

jnewell

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I have one of each. It's close to a toss-up IMO.

Droid X pluses:
- better video (YMMV)
- better outgoing audio on calls
- GPS may be more reliable (I have no issues with SF but my wife's does)

Droid X minuses:
- I prefer the capacitive buttons on the SF to the clickies on the DX
- somewhat bigger and heavier than the SF

Absence of Froyo on the SF was a genuine pain for me in terms of apps I wanted to run but couldn't, so that's currently a plus for the DX. I don't have time to eff around building a phone from scratch. :(

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have one of each. It's close to a toss-up IMO.

Droid X pluses:
- better video (YMMV)
- better outgoing audio on calls
- GPS may be more reliable (I have no issues with SF but my wife's does)

Droid X minuses:
- I prefer the capacitive buttons on the SF to the clickies on the DX
- somewhat bigger and heavier than the SF

Absence of Froyo on the SF was a genuine pain for me in terms of apps I wanted to run but couldn't, so that's currently a plus for the DX. I don't have time to eff around building a phone from scratch. :(

Use my odin package, you can have froyo in a couple mins after the downloads are done, and its all in one click
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...tom-roms-w-root-clockwork-updated-3-10-a.html

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
You really cant compare performance of a device that is left on 24 - 7 and having tons of app open in background that users have opened while playing with display and also modified settings. I gave no complaints with my Droid X performance, I have had a number of users that has been amazed with how smooth my device runs.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I owned a fascinate. The X display is better, text is crisper too. Blur is laggy crapola. Through on ADWEX or LP, and the lag (which isn't lag, just choppyness) is gone. Go one step further and root. I love the HDMI and the ROM space. The battery on the X is better than the fascinate too. My fascinate would squeak when I squeezed it, oh the plastic. Any way, I could go more in depth, but I don't want to put the fascinate off, or the iphone want to be touch wiz (as bad as blur, but blur widgets are good) I still like the fascinate, but no way was I waiting a 1/2 year for froyo, when froyo is not even the latest now. My honest opinion, if you can, get a X and be happy.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
If you keep the fascinate, droid x con will help you get that rocking well. Both devices have the potential to be better, no matter what you choose.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't notice any lag on my X. It's smooth, fast and bay far the best phone I've owned. If you don't like moto blur, go with LP or ADW.

Having sung it's praises, I think you might have a difficult, if not impossible time getting Verizon to let you trade your Fascinate for anything other than another Fascinate.

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
hmm

All you guys have good advice, thank you. I can't believe the droid x battery life is better. I thought the SF had good battery life. Like stand by time it last forever. Actual use time may vary like I prob get about 5 hours if I'm using it hardcore. I kinda want to get a droid x just because of a few things. Like notification light and better gps. If you guys say the call quality is better on the x that would be great. It probably will be next to impossible to get Verizon to let me change phones. I could always try to trade someone on craigslist or something...Anyway yeah I wish Samsung would just get there act together and get the updates out. Thanks for the advice everyone. Now I'm torn I kinda wish I could get the X but maybe I will hold out to see if froyo comes on the 17th. I just want a phone that does what its supposed to. :-\