Replacement Rebooting Issue

jjsaw5

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

Here's my situation. Had to get a replacement X, came yesterday afternoon. Turned it on activated it, let the market download all my apps and was on my merry way...at least that's what i thought.

About every 15-30 minutes this replacement phone is rebooting. Doesn't matter what i am doing...in a call, typing a text message, or just sitting on my desk it is constantly rebooting.

I have downloaded the same apps on this phone as my last and never had this reboot problem before. So i am not sure if this is a hardware issue on this replacement or what.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this or suggestions on what to try before i call Big Red back to see about getting another phone?

Here is what i have tried ...

- Factory re-set
- Deleting apps (From the market) one by one to see which one could be causing this. Still haven't found it.
-Battery pull...called *228 to update roaming.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!

jjsaw5

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
So more reading and a phone call with verizon and it would seem that this is a common problem with these phones...? Looks like i am getting another replacement tomorrow.

haha 3 phones in 3 days....NICE :)

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I suspect an app, even if they were running fine on your prior phone.

I've had some spontaneous reboots the last few days but deleted Bedside and that seemed to clean it up, but then installed Seek Droid this morning. I also have an Unlock program (to bypass the stupid slider to unlock the screen). I was testing Seek Droid and "locked" it...and I think it was getting conflicted. Once it rebooted and I went into the settings and removed the password it's been fine.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Did you disable the auto restore option because it has a issue to restore settings that sometime causes this issue?

Follow these settings during restore to avoid issues being restored automatically.

1. Uncheck "Back up my data" under Settings/Privacy

2. Click Factory Data Reset/Reset Phone

3. After reset is complete only Active Phone but do not input Google Email information

4. Once phone is at homepage go back into Settings/Privacy and make sure the Automatic Restore option is unchecked, even if grayed out, activate "Back up my data" and quickly disable "Automatic Restore"

5. After being sure that the Automatic Restore option is off it will be safe to log into Google and you can continue installing preferred apps and custom settings.

This process will stop all applications and settings from restoring automatically and restoring original issues that usually resolve a number of issues.

Cyrilmak

Androidoholic
Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue with one of my X's. Also had an X randomly press things on the screen on it's own. It was like it was possessed. I got a replacement and all has been fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz