Gingerbread coming to the X this sunday?

Jaredd130

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I know, it's just a rumor. But we can hope can't we.
http://www.droid-life.com/2011/03/24/rumor-gingerbread-for-droid-x-rolling-out-this-sunday/

spunkmeijer

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I can see this happening. Since the holidays, the Droid X and Droid 2 were the two phones that people flocked to when their contracts were up (I know I did because I was ready to get away from my BB storm 2). It would be smart to go ahead and get GB out along with the recent price drop of the Droid X so Motorola can snag a few more buyers at the end of their contracts that are eyeballing the Thunderbolt.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Thats the word on the street. Got a few tweets from people in the know the last few days. They also say the Droid2 Global will also get it soon. Lets hope they are right.

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
That would be great. It would mean I can enjoy my DX for a while longer till I upgrade to the bionic which should be coming sometime soon.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Just heard that it most likely is not going to happen starting this Sunday. But! It will happen very soon.

I'm not sure how valid my source is, but its good to hear these things in the roumer mill.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
My issue is the root thing as well... I want to keep my rooted apps rolling, and if Gingy screws that up, I might not jump immediately.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I haven't paid much attention to Gingerbread since I originally had a Fascinate. Since they haven't even gotten froyo I never in a million years expected to see Gingerbread.

However I have a Droid X now. :D So what will I notice as being different? Will there be any battery/optimizations...or is it all cosmetic?

sparesr4sissies

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Just heard that it most likely is not going to happen starting this Sunday. But! It will happen very soon.

I'm not sure how valid my source is, but its good to hear these things in the roumer mill.

"Very soon" could mean almost nothing. Those of us with a Fascinate have been told that Froyo was coming "very soon" since last September...

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
"Very soon" could mean almost nothing. Those of us with a Fascinate have been told that Froyo was coming "very soon" since last September...

I think Samsung and Motorola have a very different definition of "very soon". None the less my source(s) seem to have ties within Verizon, and not Motorola directly.

Given that, I wont really believe anyone until GB is downloading to my device.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Ok, dumb question here. How do you avoid receiving the update? The last update was pushed to my phone, I never got the chance to refuse the update.

It should prompt you for the update. If you are rooted and run clockwork recovery, I believe that blocks the update. I normally dont root, so if someone could confirm, that would be great.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm rooted, ROM'd and loving the phone as is right now. I don't care if another update ever comes out. I certainly wont jump on installing it until a couple of weeks worth of reviews have been posted.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok, dumb question here. How do you avoid receiving the update? The last update was pushed to my phone, I never got the chance to refuse the update.

I believe rooting will not allow OTA but a safe bet is to freeze apps with Titanium Backup. Apps like CityID, Amazon MP3, 3G mobile hotspot (that came with the phone) and Backup Assistant. I believe those apps are needed to be active for a OTA update.

bcpalma

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Former BB fanboy, so this is my first droid x update (possibly), any idea how gingerbread will improve or make my DX better? Still pretty new to DX, sorry.