Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Jelly Belly 4.1.1

Default Gingerbread coming to the X this sunday?

I know, it's just a rumor. But we can hope can't we.
    http://www.droid-life.com/2011/03/24/rumor-gingerbread-for-droid-x-rolling-out-this-sunday/

We can hope all we want but rumors are only rumors. Surprised no leaks have came out either.
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom

I can see this happening. Since the holidays, the Droid X and Droid 2 were the two phones that people flocked to when their contracts were up (I know I did because I was ready to get away from my BB storm 2). It would be smart to go ahead and get GB out along with the recent price drop of the Droid X so Motorola can snag a few more buyers at the end of their contracts that are eyeballing the Thunderbolt.
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,022 Global Posts

Thats the word on the street. Got a few tweets from people in the know the last few days. They also say the Droid2 Global will also get it soon. Lets hope they are right.

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, Unlock, Root

Gingerbread is nice, but I like icecream better....
    "I'm not anti-you, I'm just Pro-me"

Global Posts
    344 Global Posts

That would be great. It would mean I can enjoy my DX for a while longer till I upgrade to the bionic which should be coming sometime soon.

I won't be upgrading to Gingerbread right when it comes out. I'll wait to see if it's rootable.
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom

This could be a good Sunday for us.

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    ROM
    Synergy

Quote Originally Posted by RHChan84 View Post
    I won't be upgrading to Gingerbread right when it comes out. I'll wait to see if it's rootable.
    My thoughts exactly...
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,022 Global Posts

Just heard that it most likely is not going to happen starting this Sunday. But! It will happen very soon.

I'm not sure how valid my source is, but its good to hear these things in the roumer mill.

My issue is the root thing as well... I want to keep my rooted apps rolling, and if Gingy screws that up, I might not jump immediately.

I haven't paid much attention to Gingerbread since I originally had a Fascinate. Since they haven't even gotten froyo I never in a million years expected to see Gingerbread.

However I have a Droid X now. So what will I notice as being different? Will there be any battery/optimizations...or is it all cosmetic?

ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by p08757 View Post
    Just heard that it most likely is not going to happen starting this Sunday. But! It will happen very soon.

I'm not sure how valid my source is, but its good to hear these things in the roumer mill.
    "Very soon" could mean almost nothing. Those of us with a Fascinate have been told that Froyo was coming "very soon" since last September...
    BEACH BUM

ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by RHChan84 View Post
    Ok, dumb question here. How do you avoid receiving the update? The last update was pushed to my phone, I never got the chance to refuse the update.
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,022 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sparesr4sissies View Post
    "Very soon" could mean almost nothing. Those of us with a Fascinate have been told that Froyo was coming "very soon" since last September...
    I think Samsung and Motorola have a very different definition of "very soon". None the less my source(s) seem to have ties within Verizon, and not Motorola directly.

Given that, I wont really believe anyone until GB is downloading to my device.
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,022 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Babalu View Post
    Ok, dumb question here. How do you avoid receiving the update? The last update was pushed to my phone, I never got the chance to refuse the update.
    It should prompt you for the update. If you are rooted and run clockwork recovery, I believe that blocks the update. I normally dont root, so if someone could confirm, that would be great.

I'm rooted, ROM'd and loving the phone as is right now. I don't care if another update ever comes out. I certainly wont jump on installing it until a couple of weeks worth of reviews have been posted.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

I will be looking forward to some Gingerbread on my X.
    Live, Laugh and Love Everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Babalu View Post
    I believe rooting will not allow OTA but a safe bet is to freeze apps with Titanium Backup. Apps like CityID, Amazon MP3, 3G mobile hotspot (that came with the phone) and Backup Assistant. I believe those apps are needed to be active for a OTA update.
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Former BB fanboy, so this is my first droid x update (possibly), any idea how gingerbread will improve or make my DX better? Still pretty new to DX, sorry.

Pretty sure the article said the update will go to Business Clients first, whatever that means. Who knows when the "others", meaning the vast majority of users will start seeing any update.
    a little obsessive...

Quote Originally Posted by p08757 View Post

LOL "my source". It's P3Droid on Twitter. Twitter

Global Posts
    7,626 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Yup wont unroot til I know I can root again .Whenever or IF it happens,, and IF it never happens ,,oh well
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,022 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stang68 View Post
    LOL "my source". It's P3Droid on Twitter. Twitter
    How did you ever find out? He's been the most verbal as of late.

I also have one of those friends of a friend whos brother is supposidly in the know, but we know how well those roumers go. What I'm hearing third hand from him jives with @P3Droid is tweeting for the most part.

Nothing wrong with stiring the pot a bit....
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,714 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

P3droid says within 6 weeks. Yes, the X will have ginger soon
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast