1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Default Music player displaying each album/song twice.

Each album/song is displayed twice, and both are clickable. So it will have two icons for "Justin Bieber: My World 2.0" (lol psych). The tracks in the first album are unplayable (format not supported), but the second album is playable.

Any fixes? Thanks in advance.
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,627 Global Posts

If you know which format is OK, you can hook up your X to your PC via USB (warning: do NOT install the Moto desktop program - just hit cancel) and access the music folder, which is probably under Media, but may be separate.

There, you can manually delete the files you don't want. In the future, if you add music files, it's easiest to just drag/drop from your PC to the music folder on the X's SD card. Using intermediary programs often create problems such as the one you mention.
    Always learning ...
    LMO

ROM
    ICS | Jellybean

Did you move the folder where the music was originally to another folder? I've had that happen before when I did that. I just went in and found out which set was bad, and deleted it from within the music player itself. And the problem was solved. I use PowerAmp though, which does have a delete function... not sure if the stock player does (never use that). Good luck!

~ Droid RAZR MAXX, Stock rooted ICS
    ~ Xoom Wi-fi: Stock rooted JB
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Thanks guys!

I'm using a Mac. I pulled all my music off of itunes with NoteBurner. The files are not duplicated when I mount my Droid on the desktop, and they're not duplicated in the source folder on my computer. I think its probably an artifact of the NoteBurner process.

I am going to wipe the music off my phone and put it back on from my computer.

Thanks again.

ROM
    Unroot Stock JB 98.72.16

Quote Originally Posted by dr sauch View Post
    Thanks guys!

I'm using a Mac. I pulled all my music off of itunes with NoteBurner. The files are not duplicated when I mount my Droid on the desktop, and they're not duplicated in the source folder on my computer. I think its probably an artifact of the NoteBurner process.

I am going to wipe the music off my phone and put it back on from my computer.

Thanks again.
    that still wont fix it... the phone's media cache is still remembering your "old music library"... this is the case for any music app like PowerAMP or Winamp or stock music app on the phone.... if your the kind of person that tinkers with the ENTIRE library on your SD card, or tinkers with play lists, then this will happen to you...

your fix: go to settings > applications > manage applications > click on ALL tab... go to Media Storage (yes, its a system app i know)... click on it... clear cache... now open you music app (whatever it may be)... rescan folders... walla... no more duplicates...
    If I helped you, then please hit the "Thanks" and/or "Like" button(s). I like to know I'm not just here for amusement.
    **1998** Nokia 6160 > Samsung Color VGA1000 > Samsung T209 > Samsung SGH867 Eternity > Samsung I8000 Omnia 2 > Motorola MB810 Droid X > Motorola XT912 DROID RAZR **2013**
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

androidcore:

I followed the instructions, but the "clear cache" button in the media storage App Info is greyed out, and it says that there is no (0.00B) cache. Should I clear data?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Default Update - *fixed*

For anyone who encounters this in the future:

I actually wiped my SD card and factory reset my phone. Worked like a charm

Seriously though, it works. Just format your SD (make sure you back up!), then factory reset your phone.

*resisting....urge....to buy....iphone 5 this summer*