1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Lost my Droid X :( Now what?

Anyhow as the subject says I just lost my droid x at the airport today. I called and filled out the forms on the web hoping for a miracle but in my mind its already gone. I am glad I at least of a keylock on it but my pics will end up in the hands of someone. At least the pics are just general shots of family etc (no, nothing x rated )

Anyhow I had it since October and has been by far my favorite phone (ugg no insurance).

So I am now torn to I get a refurbished one VZW which is almost the price of a new one or go to a different model such as the thinderbolt or wait a little bit until the bionic comes out. Sigh. - where i currently live 4G isnt available but where I am moving to is. Do i simply hit ebay and get a used DX ?? Ughh no wi am undecided... Anyhow my bum luck is now your laughter..

p.s. I did call VZW and suspend the account... gosh I am soo -ooo bummed.

anyhow.. Your thoughts?
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,627 Global Posts

Did you happen to have Lookout on your X? You could remotely wipe it and/or have it issue a siren "scream."

Your scenario is everyone's worst nightmare!
    Always learning ...
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,013 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

My son lost my phone yesterday....we were at an event I was photographing and he took it to watch a movie, put it down and left.
    I went nuts on him (he's six) Someone else who was in their 60's picked up because she just got a dinc and thought it was hers.

I would say buy a used Dinc from someone on here and try and wait it out. Between the battery, the screen, etc. I would say the TB is a bit of a letdown.....
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

No
    I will on my next one though..
    Last edited by DroydNoob; 03-27-2011 at 07:37 PM.
    MacGyver Wannabe

There are some helpful options in this thread.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...g-droid-x.html

Quote Originally Posted by WAldenIV View Post
    There are some helpful options in this thread.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...g-droid-x.html
    Check my post in there about Wheres My Droid. I think it is your best shot if the phone is still on and active.

ROM
    Rooted Gingerbread!

I had great luck with a used X from Craigslist...mine was $300 at the time, but my husband picked up one recently the same way for 200. Might be worth considering, better than paying full retail imo!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

That's a bad deal. It makes a great case for buying the insurance. If I were in your shoes, I'd probably get a DInc and wait for the Bionic.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

ROM
    X:DS 4.2 X10:CM 6.1.3

If it were me, I would get a used X and wait for the Bionic. I used to own the DInc and loved it, but I couldn't go to a 3.7 inch screen from 4.3.
    "Life isn't fair, and neither are smartphone upgrades" -Phil Nickinson
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Well I hope I am not premature in posting this but the Droid Drama has a happy ending.
    Hertz called me and apparently have my droid x as I left it on their shuttle bus. The woman on the phone explaining it to me was not cell/smart phone savvy but I described my phone to her and she replied with all the right answers and also had a funny way to explain my solarwinds live wallpaper on it. So they are shipping it back to me via fed ex and will have it soon. I am just hoping nothing is cracked on it or it has its battery or memory card harvested from it.

Just so that all of you know as I did bite the bullet when I exhausted all avenues on calling the lost and found of the airlines and hertz with everyone telling me "no we have not seen anything and nothing has been turned in.." I went to VZW to purchase another DX yesterday as I needed my phone and number - since I suspended my phone people that tried to call me were gettign the "this number is not blah blah..". Yes I did, I didnt care about the $$ I just wanted my DX. I love that phone.. I didnt think I was going to see it again.

p.s. I did add insurance. Also since I am well within the 14day return I will get socked with the restock I am sure but all in all I am hoping for a happy ending on this. The restock is nothing compared to the full price...

Lesson learned thats for sure.

Thanks for reading and replying......

Glad to hear you got your phone back. I lost mine once and its not a good feeling at all.
    Enjoy every day.

For future reference I believe there is a second version of Lookout that you can download via the online version of the market. It is designed to install itself, launch GPS and send you the location.

Would the keylock prevent somebody from answering the phone if you had called it? Just wondering..........

Quote Originally Posted by ririder View Post
    Would the keylock prevent somebody from answering the phone if you had called it? Just wondering..........
    Incoming calls are answerable without unlocking. The phone is only unlocked enough for the call and returns to the lockscreen afterwards.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk