[Video] Droid X Gingerbread Android 2.3.3 leak initial impressions

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Phil its nice. I just ran my first quad score at 1803. I love the new things here but ill leave it up to you first.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Click

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm really REALLY loving it! I call it GingerBlur as this "really" isn't GingerBread. All I truly want is that lock screen animation lol. :)

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
The compass took forever to calibrate and when it did its direction was opposite. I.e. turning north turns south. Anyone else seeing this?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Click

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
And why is that?

To me, when Google puts out an OS update (Whatever OS is coming out) THAT is the true Froyo, Gingerbread, Ice cream, etc... When companies like Moto, HTC, and Samsung put their skin on top and change/remove features then to me it's not a true Froyo, Gingerbread, Ice cream, etc... update.

Like I said, I LOVE this update and would rather run this rooted minus the bloat ware. I just really wanted that lock screen animation because to me it looks really cool. :)

Reactions: 19mitch79

ndwatkins

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I know I'm in the minority, but I got mad at it within like half an hour. I lagged pretty bad, tried several hard/soft resets, no help. Quadrant scores in the low 1500s...I liked the UI and everything, and the animations - it looked pretty, but I was too unhappy with the lag. SBF'd and went back to Rubix Focused...I'll likely try this again later when/if it can be rooted. Still, pretty sexy looking...I've just spent too long eliminating lagginess on my phone to want to keep up with this. Also: ewww bloatware :( I forgot how much I hated you.

Hope everyone has good luck with it!

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Phil - Do you recommend a wipe before installing the official 2.3.3? Would this ensure a cleaner install over just a standard OTA dl?

jaydee15

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Noob question. I am rooted now (z4), I know I will loose my root if I load ginger bread. My question is how do i go back to my old rom and being rooted again(dark slide 4.2)? Also to all the people that have tried it, hows battery life?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else notice the Gallery app is not indexing images? It keeps saying there's no images to display, yet there's hundreds of images on my card.

Click

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else notice the Gallery app is not indexing images? It keeps saying there's no images to display, yet there's hundreds of images on my card.

I had the same thing and all I did was a battery pull and everything was fine. Hate to give that answer, but, have you tried a battery pull?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1