Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,156 Global Posts

Default [Video] Droid X Gingerbread Android 2.3.3 leak initial impressions

I'm running the leaked build now. Liking it better than the old stock.

http://www.androidcentral.com/hands-gingerbread-droid-x

Quadrant scores attached here, too.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Video] Droid X Gingerbread Android 2.3.3 leak initial impressions-droid-x-gingerbread-quadrant.jpg  
    Last edited by Phil Nickinson; 03-28-2011 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Add video and link
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

Phil its nice. I just ran my first quad score at 1803. I love the new things here but ill leave it up to you first.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    ROM
    GingerBread 2.3.3

I'm really REALLY loving it! I call it GingerBlur as this "really" isn't GingerBread. All I truly want is that lock screen animation lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Click View Post
    as this "really" isn't GingerBread.
    And why is that?
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble

-----------------------------------------
    Droid X (Liberty 3 v2.0)
    Droid Incredible (CM 7.2.0 RC1)
    Nook Color w/ 8GB N2A card
    -----------------------------------------

do you have to rename the file tp update.zip before runnign it?

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gizzyman View Post
    do you have to rename the file tp update.zip before runnign it?
    No need to do that
    Galaxy Nexus, Droid Charge, Gtab 10.1

Hey Phil.

It is called dialer not phone.... so just select dialer to add it back.

there is a washed out spot at the bottom where the dock is, anyone able to get rid of it yet?

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be that way in order to give a 3D effect to the dock and icons.

The compass took forever to calibrate and when it did its direction was opposite. I.e. turning north turns south. Anyone else seeing this?

Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    ROM
    GingerBread 2.3.3

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    And why is that?
    To me, when Google puts out an OS update (Whatever OS is coming out) THAT is the true Froyo, Gingerbread, Ice cream, etc... When companies like Moto, HTC, and Samsung put their skin on top and change/remove features then to me it's not a true Froyo, Gingerbread, Ice cream, etc... update.

Like I said, I LOVE this update and would rather run this rooted minus the bloat ware. I just really wanted that lock screen animation because to me it looks really cool.
    Thanked by:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,727 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

I may skip ADWEX and Launcher pro, blur is growing up well. Love it. Thanks for posing the vid.

ROM
    Rooted Gingerbread!

I know I'm in the minority, but I got mad at it within like half an hour. I lagged pretty bad, tried several hard/soft resets, no help. Quadrant scores in the low 1500s...I liked the UI and everything, and the animations - it looked pretty, but I was too unhappy with the lag. SBF'd and went back to Rubix Focused...I'll likely try this again later when/if it can be rooted. Still, pretty sexy looking...I've just spent too long eliminating lagginess on my phone to want to keep up with this. Also: ewww bloatware I forgot how much I hated you.

Hope everyone has good luck with it!
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,632 Global Posts

Phil - Do you recommend a wipe before installing the official 2.3.3? Would this ensure a cleaner install over just a standard OTA dl?
    Always learning ...

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Noob question. I am rooted now (z4), I know I will loose my root if I load ginger bread. My question is how do i go back to my old rom and being rooted again(dark slide 4.2)? Also to all the people that have tried it, hows battery life?

Anyone else notice the Gallery app is not indexing images? It keeps saying there's no images to display, yet there's hundreds of images on my card.
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.

Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    ROM
    GingerBread 2.3.3

Quote Originally Posted by sniffs View Post
    Anyone else notice the Gallery app is not indexing images? It keeps saying there's no images to display, yet there's hundreds of images on my card.
    I had the same thing and all I did was a battery pull and everything was fine. Hate to give that answer, but, have you tried a battery pull?

ROM

Is this update for those that are rooted only? Saw that in a post but I just wanted to confirm. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
    The compass took forever to calibrate and when it did its direction was opposite. I.e. turning north turns south. Anyone else seeing this?

Wouldn't that effect Maps and Navigation?
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mmccamm9 View Post
    Is this update for those that are rooted only? Saw that in a post but I just wanted to confirm. Thanks
    I'd like to know the same.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Any idea when the OTA might hit my phone? I called VZW Tech support, "nothing on their radar, no plans of releasing 2.3.3". I am hoping I just got a clueless rep.

Nothing has been said about an OTA from Verizon. This is an unofficial leak.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Sorry, long time BB user, where "leaks" came out a day or two before the official release. Just hate to brick my phone with anything unofficial.

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    ROM
    Aokp JellyBean

Anyone having trouble with Widgets? None of my Widgets are updating and wanted to know if there was a fix. Main widgets I would like to get working is my Touch Calendar, Scorecenter Espn, and Mlb at bat. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ROM

Saw on DroidLife that you need to be rooted first to install.....oh well
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast