Droid X Speaker Volume

flipster

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Well, let's just say I'm not that happy with the phone anymore. On 2.1, volume was my only issue, on 2.2 i have a whole list of new issues. I will be upgrading to the iphone 4 when i can

Anyway, this is still an issue for me. The volume is way too low. I can never hear it and I'm always missing texts. Is there any way I can make it louder? I couldn't find an answer to this. Thanks

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Are you using your own notifications or stock. I've NEVER had an issue with notification sounds. There are going to be a host of improvements coming soon with Gingerbread so I wouldn't give up quite yet. If you let us know what your other issues are we can help. The other idea is that you might have a defective unit, have you talked to VZW about the issue?

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Download AudioManager widget from the Market (I think it's free). From your home screen, you can totally control your volume on alarms, media, alerts, ringer, voice call and, most important, System Volume.

As far as I can determine, this is the only way to access System Volume. All other volumes are a percent of this setting, so you would want it at its maximum. Then adjust the other volumes accordingly. It will make all the difference.

PS - AudioManager has some pretty cool skins from which to choose.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Lets start with what kind of issue. We cannot help without knowing what the issue is.

Sound too low?
Notifications too low?
Notifications not ringing correctly?
No notifications?

what?

flipster

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Sorry. I should have specified. The back speaker volume is very low.

I sort of fixed it though. When the iPhone 2G was released, people complained about the speaker (Apple has significantly increased the volume of it in the iPhone 4 though). A recommended fix was to actually break the little net around the speakers that keep dust out. I figured why not and did just the same. It actually got a little louder to my surprise. Anyway, it's still not loud enough to hear in places like the mall.

Oh, and other problems like the camera takes black pictures all the time, it sucks in general now (it used to kick ass), the volume sucks, my calls always drop when I have full bars of 3G (weird), market apps never download right, internet pages load when they feel like it, the lock screen never lets me enter my pattern without breaking (another weird thing), and it will always freeze. I also noticed that my sister's Verizon iPhone had faster speeds through the speedtest.net app.

All the problems aside, it still is a kick ass phone, but I'm kind of getting fed up with it. I hate having to pull the battery out three times a day just to get it to function properly. I've had it the day ti came out on July 15 (I HAD TO HAVE IT LOL!).

So, if you guys could help me boost the volume through software or hardware, it'd be apperciated. I tried the audiomanager app, but had no luck with that.