LauncherPro has a new update...anyone try it yet?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I saw on the AC front page that LauncherPro has a new update and wondered if anyone has tried it out yet? I know that some X's were have issues running LP, though it seems like the problem there may have been allowing Auto-rotation.

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
i am having issues with the gmail widget. my emails show up in the widget, but when I click on them........I just get a blank white screen.

anyone else have that issue?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
No issues and no issues for awhile running lpp. Also working with gb

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bigsmoove

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Mine went kind of blank upon initial install but a quick reboot helped. I like the new flip transition too. Prob some more tricks I haven't found yet. Rooted with apex.

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I was having a ton of FC's and freeze ups with LPP and switched to ADW.

I re-installed LPP last night and so far so good. It was a little laggy at first but everything seems to be going fine so far.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
No issues with me but then again, I had no issues before the update. No F/C. Just shut off auto-rotation and it has been great so far.

This build, no changes I see except gmail widget. At first it is slightly faster and smoother but after using it for a day, it was back to some lag but not a lot. Also it's usually faster after clearing out the cache as well.

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
question for you guys.........

if you go in the the LP preferences menu, and then choose "LP widget settings"................ should there be an option for the GMail widget? I have all the other widget options for changing their settings, but not the Gmail Widget.

I still can't get the Gmail widget to work. The widget comes up and it shows my Gmails but if I click on an email, I just get a blank white screen.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Until I read this, I had no idea there were some new features available. I tried out the screen transitions and they are really cool! At first, I went too fast and they didn't show up, but after a couple times, they work so well! Glad to hear GB works with LPP. I sure would miss it if it didn't.

Another thing I like is the ability to remove the labels for icons on the home screen. Makes the "look" so much nicer without all those little black ovals with lettering.

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Until I read this, I had no idea there were some new features available. I tried out the screen transitions and they are really cool! At first, I went too fast and they didn't show up, but after a couple times, they work so well! Glad to hear GB works with LPP. I sure would miss it if it didn't.

Another thing I like is the ability to remove the labels for icons on the home screen. Makes the "look" so much nicer without all those little black ovals with lettering.

Thanks for having that tip on your signature. I went and checked "My Apps" and found a few things that had automatic update checked.

And yes the white screen does happen to me but not on the first email on the widget, just everything else after it.

EDIT: The app was updated today, but it didn't fix the white screen problem

Last edited:

-IRON-

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I finally went for it and tried out Launcher pro plus and basicly. I LOVE IT. Expecially for just 3 bucks. Ever sinse i switched from (evo)sprint to (dx)verizon i have missed sense and features like the calender. They even do it better with the scrolling list. The customizing quick icons at bottom with even more. Adding more collumns and rows. Dx handles five rows with ease. Amazing just amazing. Transitions are neat. Almost too many customizing options.
Now i just need option to never go to moble sites in browser like on the evo and a fully customizable five row keyboard with a numbers row.

droidxixis

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
No gmail widget settings. Also, the gmail and messaging widgets don't show me which messages are unread. Other than that, I'm a big fan of Launcher Pro Plus.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney