Full GB Options - Info Only

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I installed the prerooted GB, did the data wipe about five times and then started up only to find out that all the options that others were having i didn't see on my phone, even after a reboot.

What worked for me was going to recovery via D2 bootstrap and then reinstalling prerooted GB over the already existing installation. Not only did it make my phone speedier by it also brought up many more options and settings that I was not seeing previously.

I guess somewhere something had not installed properly or was missing.

Reactions: Ratchet

tlane01

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
interesting, i installed the regular version accidentally ( meant to do the rooted ) so i'm going to reinstall it with the rooted version.

I'll try redoing it and clearing my data multiple times. The one thing i need to find is out to have it NOT auto reinstall all of my apps. having your phone try to install some 60-80 apps is not fun.

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
FYI i think to go prerooted after installing non-root you have to SBF. Check forum info.

i got mine to not auto reinstall all my apps by not signing into my google account at set up. you activate and then skip singing in. wait for the phone to finish starting up and then go in and add account and sign into your google.

That's what worked for me at least.

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
If I get some time this evening, I'm gonna try the double install and see if it works. After using GB for a day or so, Froyo just isn't cool anymore plus I miss the CRT screen mod.

Tough life being a geek......

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I installed the prerooted GB, did the data wipe about five times and then started up only to find out that all the options that others were having i didn't see on my phone, even after a reboot.

What worked for me was going to recovery via D2 bootstrap and then reinstalling prerooted GB over the already existing installation. Not only did it make my phone speedier by it also brought up many more options and settings that I was not seeing previously.

I guess somewhere something had not installed properly or was missing.

What options? Could you be specific? I wonder if I am missing any? Lol!

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
What options? Could you be specific? I wonder if I am missing any? Lol!

For instance profiles options, homescreen widget set up, new things i had not noticed the first time i installed like message indicator blinking when i start a market download, notification bar flashing when connecting and disconnecting a call... the social networking widgets were not giving me smoothness. Um... my keyboard didn't seem to be calibrated correctly.

Oh and my media player was very slow and glitchy with audio effets barred out.

Reinstalling GB again through bootstrap after intially installing GB from FROYO with wipe fixed those things for me. I've done it in the past as well with the FROYO SBF. instead of always wiping, i plug in RSDLite and reload it. Makes it zippy.

tlane01

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
FYI i think to go prerooted after installing non-root you have to SBF. Check forum info.

i got mine to not auto reinstall all my apps by not signing into my google account at set up. you activate and then skip singing in. wait for the phone to finish starting up and then go in and add account and sign into your google.

That's what worked for me at least.

Yeah i saw i'll have to sbf. And for what its worth, i have NEVER had good luck sbf'ing from windows. Tried MULTIPLE machines etc, i downloaded sbf_flash for linux and it just "worked" first time. Thats definitely how i'll flash from now on.

And yeah i'm definitely going to have to get the CRT mod for GB. its way too cool not to have.

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Trying this idea to see if I can fix my exchange issues...

EDIT: I did the sbf back to Froyo. Once in Froyo, I added my exchange account, rooted, and bootstrap recovery. Then I installed the rooted GB file. I'm on GB and I now have exchange access. Fricken' SWEET!!!

Last edited:

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Performed a nuke and pave to eliminate ANY and ALL previous possibilities of file conflicts. Flashed Gbrooted. Did NOT sign into Google account during setup. Skipped all of it. Arrived at home screen, sync'd to Google. All appears well now.

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Not taking credit - lol

Not taking credit but glad i could help anyone if i have.

This is what works for me. These are not instructions cause i'm not responsible for what you do to your device. But SBF'n is tricky, I have run into errors may times, but these steps have helped me and I've never had a problem again. First, installing the moto driver helper from the phone helps for me. Some people say it causes problems. And usually when i run into an error with the phone not being recognized in RSDLite, i run motohelper to clean and reinstall the drives That helps with the recognition issue. Then the location of the SBF file is important, i.e. directory. Sometimes in my downloads folder it works and the start button in RSDLite is accessible. other times i have to move the SBF to either the desktop or the documents folder or the root of c: drive. I don't know why it does this, but whenever it would say fail or error, i moved it around and that seems to work for me. It's always trial and error.

Don't forget to read up on the SBF guide in the forum for more information and extras like turning on USB debugging.