Problem: Droid X Screen / Display does not turn back on from Sleep / Standby

noto

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I just purchased my X about 2 weeks ago. Great phone but I ran into a few problems which I was able to find a solution for by reading the forums here and on other sites. There's still one problem that I could not find a fix for. Sometimes when my phone goes into sleep/standby mode, the display does not come back on no matter what buttons I hit and I'm forced to perform a battery pull. I thought I left battery pulls behind with my Blackberry Storm 2. LOL! It's happend about 5 times since March 18th. Should I get the phone replaced? By the way, the 4 buttons at the bottom (menu, home, return, search) do light up when I press the buttons.

Currently running stock 2.2.1 with Z4Root and DroidX Bootstrapper. No other hacks/mods.

Thanks!

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I hate to say this, but if it were me I would do a wipe and start all over. I was having some freezing issues which would eventually go into a spontaneous reboot (if I didn't grow impatient first and yank the battery).

I've done a wipe and reinstalled everything and seem to be free from freezing and reboots (knock on wood).

You also might have an app that isn't playing nicely with the phone.

Clemsonpablo

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
i started having this problem once I underclocked when in standby. now that I've gone to GB (non-root), i have not had this problem.

noto

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Yup...I was planning on doing a wipe and re-install prior to returning it. As far as removing Z4Root and DroidX Bootstrapper, is it as easy as unrooting via Z4root and then uninstalling both the apps via the Manage Apps section?

dbmorris99

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Problem: Droid X Screen / Display does not turn back on from

what is the best program to wipe the Droid 2 phone. i have a work phone that was rooted then the user of the phone did a factory restore and now the display is gone so i need to get this phone working again and have no visiblity to what is on the screen. any help is greatly appreciated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek